Chapter Four - Chlorophyll

"Yang, I don't know about this..." Ruby whimpered. Yang had spent the whole afternoon helping Ruby get ready for the evening with Weiss. The team has planned this together for weeks; Yang was to help Ruby and Blake was to help Weiss, and the two pairings would prepare in different dorms, Weiss and Blake allowed in team JNPRs room for the day. Everything from top to bottom had been discussed, but suddenly Ruby felt uneasy as she stood in a beautiful, sparkly red dress and flats, looking in the mirror.

"I've never been more proud! My sister is going on a date!" Yang cried fake tears of joy, unable to hide her teasing grin. Ruby frowned.

"I know I know I know, I'm just not used to such... High-class events." Ruby shrugged, shaking her head. Yang bent down to her sisters height and put and arm around her back.

"I don't know anyone who's more capable of winging this date than you are, I know you can do it!" She said reassuringly.

"I don't think that's a compliment." Ruby grumbled. When Yang didn't reply, Ruby turned around to see what the matter was and spotted Weiss at the door.

Weiss blushed and gave a slight wave. Ruby was astounded, she looked so mature, and beautiful. Her hair was down, normally not the proper way to dress if you were royalty like herself, but damn did it work for her. Blake had positioned a small sky blue bow on the side of her head, instead of the back, to account for Weiss' rebellion, and the bow had small crystal chains that blended with her hair and sparkled in the light. Her dress was long and flowing, with a blue to white gradient. A sash broke the flow, but it worked well, squeezing just above Weiss' waist to make her seem thinner. Not that she needed to be, but it was still flattering. Ruby couldn't quite see Weiss' shoes, but she imagined they were a lot fancier than her boring flats.

"Aren't you going to speak?" Yang said quietly, nudging her sister gently. Ruby jumped, startled, and fumbled for the words.

"You're... You're so beautiful..." Ruby said, barely breathing. Blake giggled and tapped Weiss' back, signaling her to move forward. She complied, and stepped forward to take Ruby's hand. Blake stepped out of team RWBY's doorway and stood next to Yang as the love birds rushed out the door. From across the hall, Nora and Ren poked their head out the door, Nora cheering as her usual self. Ren smiled and pat Nora on the head, making her step inside and close the door.

The next part of the plan was to get to their dinner without getting their dresses dirty from walking. Everyone (including JNPR) chipped in some cash and they were able to afford a limo to take them out. Ruby of course would've settled on a taxi, but for Weiss she was willing to upgrade.

"I've never seen you look so gorgeous." Ruby said blissfully. Weiss smirked.

"Blake tried really hard to get me into this. At first we thought it was going to rip, but we managed, and I can still breathe so we're fine." Weiss said smiling, recalling the hisses from Blake directed at the damn dress. Ruby laughed.

"Yang spent like two hours on my makeup, and I'm afraid to remove it until next week." Ruby groaned, trying hard not to touch her perfectly painted face. Weiss chuckled.

"I think it was well worth the effort." She said happily. The radio started playing as the limo driver pulled out of the academy. The girls stared out the window, both enjoying the view until Weiss made a small gasp, caught off guard by Ruby putting one arm around her and one hand on her lap, resting her head on her shoulder. Weiss blushed, and smiled to herself, putting and arm around Ruby in return.

The drive was long, and Ruby ended up sleeping in this position, making it impossible for Weiss to escape. Not that she wanted to. She loved every moment of it, even Ruby's rather un-lady like snoring. Weiss rested her own head on Ruby's and the two sat this way in bliss until the constantly running engine that Weiss has endured the whirring of finally cut out. Weiss gently shook Ruby awake, and groggily she sat up.