4 - The List

"We did it!" Marco exclaims, slamming a piece of paper down onto the bar with a thud.

I eye him cautiously but don't stop pouring the beer for my customer.

"Did what?" I ask.

"Beth and I finished your list."

"Are you still on about that?" I say not really caring about an answer as I hand some guy in a grey suit his beer.

"Check it out. I think this list is foolproof."

I don't even look at the paper and instead turn the other way and reach for the Jack Daniels to pour myself a glass. I know I shouldn't but after the last hectic 4 hours straight I kind of need a pick me up.

"Aren't you gonna have a look?" He says holding the paper out to me.

At that moment, Frankie comes strolling over with a tray of dirty glasses and sets them on the bar.

"Have a look at what?" She asks.

Marco hands her the paper and she begins skimming the words as I load the dirty glasses into the small dishwasher behind the bar.

"This could actually work, you know." Frankie states before setting the paper down.

"I am not getting into how stupid this is again. I don't need to make a list, I just need to find a girl that won't cheat on me or lie to me. If such a thing even exists." I mutter.

"Hey, not all of us girls cheat on every guy we meet." Frankie says with a glare. I swear those eyes of hers could pierce through steel if they wanted to.

"Sorry. Present company excluded of course." I add.

"Apology accepted on the condition you pour me a shot of whatever your drinking."

I nod and pour her drink.

That's one thing you can't help but love about Frankie. She is practically one of the guys. If she were a lesbian and we could check out girls together, she would be perfect.

"Speaking of lying and cheating, how's that idiot of yours going?" Marco asks frankie as I struggle to understand what he means.

"His name is Dex? He's doing great and no, he hasn't cheated on me." Frankie snaps back at her cousin.

"Not that you know of anyway." Marco adds cheekily which makes Frankie's eyes grow wild.

"You met him one time. You don't know anything about him."

"He's a douche bag. That's all I need to know."

"Yeah well they say it takes one to know one."

I swear watching these two go back and forth reminds me of bickering school kids.

"Come on now children. Enough of the name calling." I end their skirmish with a parental like finality to my voice and watch as Frankie pouts her luscious lips in annoyance.

The two of them are silent for about 5 seconds before Marco starts up again.

"But seriously, what kind of name is Dex? Sounds like a douche bag to me."

"I swear to god that I am going to murder you one of these days." Frankie says with a growl whilst throwing her hands in the air.

I make my escape at that moment and keep tending to the bar as the two cousins continue to bitch and complain.

I have never been happier that I am an only child with only one cousin that lives in another country.

....