One: Shot The Pawn

I stroll into the alleyway aware he is here; the pawn, the boss' pawn.

"Tch, looks like we have an intruder in our litle party." the pawn scoffs, pointing his arm at me. I shrug off the advancing demons, givving myself a paper cut on the portal for my father's familiar. The awakening of the phoenix incinerates all of the demons coming at me.

"Down pheonix." and so it does.

I smile sweetly at the demon.

"Hello there." I greet.

The demon's host's hand caresses my face. I grimace mentally.

"Tell me." I whisper into the ear of the host so the demon can hear. Seduce the information out of the demon and then exorcise it. Seduce the information out of the demon and then exorcise it. Seduce the information out of the demon and then exorcise it. Seduce. Seduce!

"What you know about Charles Ember." I purr.

The host takes hold of me by my shoulders and backs me into a wall.

"Tell me, what you know about Charles Ember." I repeat, still purring.

"I was not the one to take his life young slut." the host says for his demon.

I slap the host's face, darting between his legs.

"Tell me more." I command, hand outstreatched toward him.

The demon has his host quivver in sarcastic fear.

"Sun bird. Sun bird. I know I can be heard. Sun bird. Sun bird. Attack and deter!" I snarl, on cue six mini phoenixes burst where I protect the papers.

"Tch. A tenatious tamer. Pathetic." disks of dark energy come careering toward me. I do a handless cartwheel and skid across the alleyway floor in my converse.

"Not so pathetic now am I!" the voice inside my head has me snarl.

Another disk comes at my head, preoccupied by trying to put the demonic voice back into it's place the only thing I can do to protect myself is drop to the floor, once on the ground I seize the small fine knife from my upper thigh, strapped to my leg under my innocent looking sky blue frock and pull it from the pouch cousin Ryouta has me wear.

The knife is a demon knife. It can block attacks from demons if the attacking thing is struck by the blade.

My father taught me about every method of exorcism. However I am a better tamer than anything else.

Another disk comes at me. I slice at it with the knife.

"Ex-ex-exorcist!" the demon gasps in desbelief, firing more demonic disks. Who the hell is controlling this pawn?

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

I stare dumbfounded, those disks diminished. Another exorcist?

A boy around my age runs into the alleyway and takes hold of the host, pressing a gun to the host's heart. In fear the demon flees the host's body.

Bang!

"BASTARD!" I yell at the boy who interveened, yelling in Japanese so he understands.

"Huh?" the inky blue haired boy's eyes widen.

"Do you even REALISE how much information that demon had?" I shout. "Give me one good reason not to let my familiar burn you to ash."

"You aren't serious are you? Look, I'm sorry. You looked like you needed help." he looks sincere.

"Rin!" another boy calls.

"Well I didn't need help!" I stomp my foot.

"Yukio?" the blue haired boy muses.

"Oh my god!" the boy in an exorcist's coat muses, his hair is chocolate brown and eyes are bright and azure.

"What?" I fold my arms.

"You're Thea! Thea Ember! Best exorcist in Europe!" the boy gasps, he cleans his glasses to get a better perspective.

"Pardon me for not having a press conference or something." I mutter. "I was pretty buisy trying to get information out of the pawn that HE." my eyes veer to the boy that the brunet called Rin. "Killed."

"Err about that..." the boy that Rin called Yujio is cut off.

"Why? He was causing trouble. He was hurting people." Rin asks.

"He was the last hope I had about finding out why my father died." I mutter.

"Charles Ember's death was deemed to be natural causes. However I had met with your father that day; he was in perfect health." the brunet muses.

"That old English guy?" Rin muses.

"Oi!" I snarl. "That's my father!"

"Hey. Hey. Thea calm down." the bespecticaled brunet tries to calm me. I spin on my heel to face him.

"You said you saw my father?" I cock a strawberry blonde brow.

"I did. I'm Okumura Yukio. That's my older brother Okumura Rin. Nii-san, this is the Europe's best exorcist, don't just stand there."

"Hi." Rin waves.

"Okumura?" I cock a brow. "Ryouta told me about you two when he came back without father..." I gasp in recognition.

"Y-you two are the sons of Satan!" I yelp in awe of such demonic power.

"Ahhh looks like even pretty British girls know who we are now Yukio." 'The older of the two snarls.

"Do not underestimate me." I instruct the blueish haired boy,

"Thea, have you been trying to find information about the death of Charles Wmber for the last four years?" Yukio puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Call me 'Nix." I smile, trying to avoid the question.

"'Nix?" Okumura Rin muses.

"'Nix." I nod. "Call me 'Nix."

"Thea suits you better." Yukio shrugs. "But whatever you want...'Nix."

"Would you like to eat with us? You look tired." Rin offers.

Maybe they know about the boss demon and just don't know it. What if this boss demon is Satan! I narrow my eyes at the twins in front of me, both look kind but there are more than just looks to demons. Ryouta told me about what they did; the massive blue flaming bird that matched my own phoenix.

"Sure." I smile falsely.

In my head I hear the voice.

"Keep them close." the voice whispers.

"No." I mentally retort. "I can do this on my own. Like the sons of Satan know the burden of losing somebody and not being able to stop it."

"'Nix?" Rin calls, looking behind at me, smiling; showing off his more defined and deonic canine teeth. I smile back, mouth closed, not wanting my own genetics to show.

Man do I hate myself.

How are those boys so calm and casual about their ears and teeth? And how do they hide their tails?

I sigh, catching up with them.

I hope they don't mind being bombarded by questions.