Ten: Visit

I put on the leather gloves. They are the only things I have been able to get that would prevent the projection of my flames.

Knock. Knock.

"Hello, welcome to the house of God." one of the staff smiles.

"Hello, we are looking for Thea." I hiccup.

"Rin?" I call.

"'Nix, you shouldn't have left so abruptly." Rin hugs me.

"Hi Thea." Yukio smiles, waving in the doorway.

"Hey Yukio."

"You had us really worried about you." I am chided. I roll my eyes.

"What's done is done." I shrug.

"Let's go outside, Shura and Shiemi are waiting for us." I am told.

"I'll be back later." I wave to Jim, the right hand man of my father's right hand man.

I walk outside and the blonde girl Shiemi hugs me tightly.

"Hey." I wave awkwardly.

"You could have told us before." Rin shakes my shoulders.

"What? That I hate that I'm a half breed human?" I pout.

"That's nothing to be ashamed of." Yukio assures.

"Sure." I wave them off.

"Really Thea, you are amazing. I'm sorry I doubted you." the brunet hangs his head.

"That's what you get. You're a stick in the mud with no element of tenacity. You just follow orders. If I hadn't ran off after you worked out that the 'Kichida' she had been babbling on about was the person we had taken her to, who knows what would have happened." Rin jabs his twin.

"Rin, you shouldn't be mean to Yuki-chan." Shiemi chides.

"When did THAT happen?" I whisper to Rin. He shrugs.

"So why are you here?" I ask.

"That's nice." Shura pouts.

"We wanted to make sure you were okay." Yukio explains.

"Why wouldn't I be? It's been five years." I dismiss.

"Sometimes it's not how long." Shura explains.

"I'm glad to see you're alright Nix." he grins.

"Thanks Rin." I return the gesture.

"So Nixy, how are you recovering from your adjustment. Ya looked so different after yer sword was drawn." Shura states.

"I'm getting to grips with the weird things. I can manipulate fire to do all kinds of cool stuff now." I beam, taking off a glove and flexing my wrist. With one jerk of my arm, up from down fireworks of sparks shimmer in daylight.

"Amazing!" Rin enthuses.

"Maybe we should go." Yukio suggests.

"Great to see you're feeling alright...'Nix."

"God that sounds so weird, you calling her 'Nix!" Shura grimaces.

"Yukio, seriously, call me Thea." I wave to him as he opens the doorway to Japan.

Shura rolls her eyes as Sheimi follows at his heels.

"That's still so weird. She's so nice and shows emotion and she's doin' the four eyed mole face."

"Shura that's gross!" I pull a disgusted face.

"It's true though." Rin shudders.

"I'm off too, this won't be the last time you see me Nixy, call next time you open the door to Japan." she laughs, ruffling my hair. I pout, arms folded.

"Aren't you going Rin?" I ask. He grins, rubbing the back of his head.

"If you don't mind, could we hang out?" I am asked.

"Sure." I nod.

"'Nix, I can't get over the power you hold." he states as we sit by the rusty baseball launcher.

"It's Young Blood. She's the power. I wouldn't be so special if not for the gift from my father. My true father." I look up to the sky.

"We have so much in common." he muses.

"Oh?" I look at Rin, brows, now a shade of red that blends firetruck red and cherry red, raised. That was one quirk of my transformation, my hair turned red. My eyes did too. No wonder most people never recognise me anymore.

"Yeah, we were both adopted into religious places by badass exorcists. Both of us are half breed humans who hate our biological fathers and have cool flame related powers."

"Guess you're right Rin. We are a lot alike." I nod.

"Hmm." he grins.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Run with me 'Nix." he pulls me up.

"Why?" I laugh.

"Let's just run." he grins.

"Whatever." I nod. "We're on a hill. It'll be dark soon but a run down the hill in the evening is a great idea."

"Awesome." he grins.

"You take the Kurikara everwhere." I note.

"And you." he puts his hand before my arm. "Open." he smirks. "Always have yours."

"Let's run."

"Race ya."

"Yeahhhh!" I beam, the two of us charge off toward the hill.

When we get to the hill, I'm the winner. Rin tackles me and we roll into the medow below full of dasies and other sweet flowers.

"Ow!" I shove him over, laughing.

"Stop shoving." he shoves me back.

"You first." I tease.

"Aha!" he takes hold of my leg and tickles me. I begin to squirm and kick. Until my tail is uncoiled.

"Sneaky little shit!" I pout.

"Do you mind if I unwind?" he smirks.

"What sort of question is that?" I poke my tongue out at him, turning away from him. He laughs, I turn and his tail is swishing like a puppy's.

"N'awww." I patronise.

"Yours is doing it too." he snorts.

"Liar!" I fold my arms.

"It is! I swear!" I look behind me, tail, not swishing.

"LIAR!" I roar flicking a tiny fireball at him. He catches it in his palm and flicks it back to me, flame now blue. It hovvers by me and I flick it back at him.

We go like this for hours, just flicking a fireball at eachother.

"It's beautiful out here." I state, looking at the stary skies.

"What are you thinking right now?" I ask Rin randomly.

"I've got a shining light that I can count on to have my back." he muses.

"Really?" I grin. "And what might that be?"

"Look." Rin points and blue sparks lighting up the sky. His eyes widen when a large array of red ones do too, my hands are brhind my back and I'm causing a storm of red sparkles to fall onto the medow.

"I know I'm never alone." he smiles, arm around my shoulders. "Someday you should come back to Japan."

"Definately." I nod, resting my head on his shoulder.