Chapter 4 - Vampires

My head was killing me and It felt like I'd been asleep forever now. Hmm this seems familiar. I tried moving around only to find out that my hands and feet were tied to something. Oh God not again. Now i'm stuck. I struggled more and then eventually just stopped. My blindfold was taken off and I was face to face with Kayne. I instantly dropped my gaze a bit lower not wanting to see him at the moment. I can't believe he told me he was a vampire.

    "Jasper I told you not to fight me. You're going to make it harder on yourself to be comfortable and to not get hurt." He said to me with a stern look. I just continued avoiding his gaze obviously angering him a bit, but I didn't care. I know I should be playing along with all of this but I kind of am. I'm trying to be believable here, but at the same time I'm acting like this partly because I actually am mad too.

    "Jasper, promise me you won't try anything else?" He said. I looked up at him and nodded slowly. " You know I'm eventually going to snap and suck your blood right? It's why I got you in the first place, I won't kill you, but you better prepare yourself." He said with a slight smirk.

    "What?!" I yelled back.

    "I mean I did tell you already, you're like a person blood bag for me!" He replied with a smile.

    "That's insane and so messed up!" I said back to him.

    "Yes, but I am a vampire who kidnapped you and likes you. I won't hesitate to use force either. You are also a servant to this house so I want you to talk to Damon today about what you will be doing all day." Kayne replied back to me, while stepping closer. After he stepped closer to me he raised his hand and gently stroked my cheek. He untied me from the chair and I instantly stood up. "Have a good day Jasper, I'll talk to you later." He said to me, and then kissed my cheek softly. I just stood there shocked for a moment before he pushed me out of the room and then closed his door.

    I can't believe he just did that, I thought. I walked down the stairs and went around into the hallway that took me to the living room. The living room was quiet and empty it seemed like. There were covered windows that had dark black blinds over them. The room was also quite dusty so I guess they hadn't cleaned in a while. There was a nice TV and some modern furniture around the place.

    "Hello? Anyone there?" I said out loud to signal anyone. I turned around and nearly jumped when I said Damon standing at the door to the kitchen. He instantly ran over to me with speed that wasn't even humanly possible. I guess he is a vampire.

    "Hello there my new favorite human." He said with a small yet scary smile.

    "Uh...hi Kayne told me to ask you what I had to do around the house for work." I said to him.

    "Ah, yes, you are the new servant after all, and a good snack." He said with a laugh. "Anyways, your everyday tasks are to dust the living room, all the bedrooms, clean the bathroom and kitchen. Oh also wash the dishes, but be warned never enter Kayne's office." He told me and pointed upstairs at the last part. Hm, so I'm guessing he has a room and an office somewhere. Maybe something in the office will help me escape! "You got all that?" He asked.

    "Yeah! I did, thanks Damon." I replied. He nodded and stepped closer, and then hugged me. "Um... Damon I have to go do my work now." I said to him. He put his face in my neck and sniffed, then hugged me tighter, before letting me go.

    "You smell delicious, maybe I can sneak a little bite at you later. See you around Jasper." He said with a wink, and then left. Ew, that was so creepy. For the rest of the day I spent my time cleaning and picking up around the house. I passed by the office several times and looked at it many times to see if there would ever be a way for me to get into it. Seems like I'll need to find some sort of key around the house to get in, I thought at one point. I continued with my basic chores, dusting, doing the dishes, and just cleaning in general. I finally got tired after hours and hours of cleaning.

    Well I'm finally finished with these stupid chores. I sat down on the couch in the living room and closed my eyes for a few seconds. I thought about all the things that have happened to me and how I need to get out of this house. I surprisingly fell asleep for a quick five or ten minutes and then woke up. I was confused for a second before being disappointed to find out it wasn't all just a bad dream. I slowly got up from the couch and started towards the stairs.

    As I walked up the stairs I could sense a dark feeling around me, kind of like when I felt like I was being watched before being kidnapped. I walked up to Kayne's bedroom before knocking on the door.

    "Hey Kayne! Open up I finished all my chores can I please clean myself up now?" I yelled slightly to the door. I knocked again. "Hello? Kayne? Are you there?" I said. After a few minutes I got tired of waiting and tried opening the door, surprised to see that it was open. I walked in slowly and cautiously and looked around the dark room. "Hello?" I said in a whisper. I was about to walk back out the door when I came face to face with the door. It closed. I felt something on my neck and quickly turned back around. It was Kayne, except a lot scarier looking! His eyes were glowing slightly red.

    I tried reaching behind me to open the door only to be turned around and thrown on the floor. Before I could get up, he was on top of me and had me pinned to the ground with my neck exposed.

    "Hello there my sweet little Jasper, I haven't drank any blood in a while." He said while moving his head closer to my neck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------