Chapter 7 - Hunters

I saw complete darkness around me as I felt myself floating in what felt like infinity. What is this place? I thought to myself. I tried looking around but to no use. It was completely dark. Suddenly I saw a small light in front of me. A small illuminating dot in the void of darkness. I reached out for it and grabbed it. When I opened my hand My hand was brightening and shining out. Everything went blank and when I opened my eyes, I saw my Mother!

    "Jasper, you must go now, they are coming for us I don't know what is going on, but please stay safe!" She said in a worried voice.

    "Mom? Mom! Can you hear me? Hello?" I yelled but no sound came out.

    She cried as she turned her head and and ran away.

    "Mom!" I mouthed again.

    Suddenly I started falling and I woke up with a startle.

    "Jasper, get up what is wrong with you."  Kayne said confused as he shook me gently.

    I looked up at him "Sorry, it was a bad dream." I said while rubbing my eyes. I sat up and turned towards him.

    "I need you to get up please, the human hunters are getting worse and I need to talk to you about some things." He said while walking away then closing the door but not before saying. "Meet me downstairs in the living room in 15 minutes."

    I paid no attention to the dream I had thinking that it might just be my mind going crazy after being stuck in this house with blood thirsty vampires for too long. I lost count of how many days it has been even though it hasn't been THAT long. I quickly got up and went to go shower, change, then brush my teeth. Doing normal everyday things such as these helped me calm down and keep my sanity. It helps me remember that I used to have a life before Kayne kidnapped me and the fact I haven't seen my parents or my friends in a while now. I wonder if they think that I got killed or something. I wonder if anyone is still looking for me at this moment.

    I finished changing and opened my door, walked down the hallway and down the stairs. I turned into the living room and saw Kayne sitting at the dark expensive couch in front of the unlit fireplace with a book in his hand.

    "Ah, there you are my little Jasper." He said while patting the couch. "Come sit please." He continued. I walked over and sat on the couch, but as I sat down he grabbed my wait and pulled me into his lap. "I missed you, you've been sleeping all day." He said while sniffing my neck and rubbing circles on my leg. It felt nice and I think i'm starting to fall for him, but at the same time I know he could hurt me.

    "I missed you too, Kayne." I said back to him softly with a smile. He hugged my tight before sighing in a disappointing tone.

    "Jasper, these human hunters are getting worse and I don't know what they would do if they found you." He said. "I think I'm going to have to start limiting you to your room for now on, I just need to make sure that you will be safe." He said.

    "I'm going to be stuck in my room?" I said. I need to get out of here as fast as I can. Maybe running into the hunters isn't such a bad idea? 

    "Only until we are able to get this situation under control, although I'm not really sure how long that will take." he said.

    Suddenly, an alarm started sounding. Kayne instantly grabbed me hard and picked me up. 

    'You need to go I'm taking you to your room!" He said in a demanding voice. I was dizzy because of how fast he was taking me. We were at my room in seconds and he quickly opened the door, shoved me inside then closed the door, but not before locking it. I banged on the door begging him to let me out. I don't want to be stuck in here!

    'Kayne! What is going on, let me out!" I yelled. I sat there for at least 30 minutes before I heard something outside.

    "Kayne are you going to let me out of this hell yet? What is the big problem." I said I saw shadows under the door from the light and I counted what seemed to be 2 pairs of feet. Why is there two people standing in front of my door? 'Kayne?" I said. Before I knew it the door was being thrown down and In came two intimidating guys. I quickly backed up and ran to the far corner. "Who are you? What do you want?" I yelled.

    Another man came walking into my room and he looked scary and attractive as hell, strong jawline, dark short hair, and a fit body, with a distinct scar going over his eye. He had piercings too! 

    "Grab him." He commanded with a deep dark voice. The two guards walked up to me and grabbed my arms, putting them behind my back.

    "Hey! Let go!" I said while struggling even though it was no use, these guys are super strong! I still continued struggling and kicking around. He came up to me and lifted my chin up with his finger.

    "So amazing and perfect." He said. "Hello there, my name is Derrick." He said with a small smirk at the end. Then suddenly, he plunged a knife into my arm! It hurt like hell and I instantly screamed out. The blood dripped on the floor and he pulled the knife out. "We'll see what they think of our little clue, your blood!" he said with a laugh. I quickly started going limp but not before Derrick landed a punch on my face very hard, knocking me completely out. I faded away into a familiar dark void. What is going on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hope you guys liked this new chapter! Sorry for how long it takes for the chapters to come out! - Ki Stories