Chapter 6 - The Meeting

Finally  I got done with my things that I had to get done, just the usual sweeping, cleaning, organizing, dusting, etc. It's honestly kind of fun to just wander around the house all day and just do some casual chores, I know it probably sounds boring but what else do you expect me to do. It's all the time I get to myself and gives me some time to think. The house is pretty big too so I barely bump into anyone else, although I always feel like something is watching me. The house looks like an old house but fancy. Dark red colors are vibrant and rich throughout the entire house. A clear sign these vampires like the color red.

    I've been looking around the house for any type of escape place that I could find and I can't seem to find anything useful. So, today when I finally found what looks to be a door at the end of the hallway, hidden behind something I got excited. In the dim lighting, paintings around me on the hallway ways that were dark red, I twisted the doorknob as quietly as I could. I began to open the door lightly.

"What do you think you're doing?" I heard a husky voice say on my neck. I quickly turned around and as I did I got pushed against the hard wooden door closing it at the same time when I got pushed.

"Nothing." I quickly stuttered as I looked down so I wouldn't have to face him at all.

"That didn't look like nothing to me." He said while his were turning red. I got scared because of his eyes and I tried shoving him away but it didn't do anything at all to make him budge. I tried sneaking away under his arms that were around my head and put on the door but he quickly stopped me. He grabbed my hands and pinned them to the door.

"What are yo-" I started before he slashed out toward my neck with his mouth. He quickly bit me and I felt the familiar sting of the pain that I had felt the other day when he first fed on me in the room. The pain was so unbearable it felt like it got worse than the last time it happened, I just kept telling myself that it would eventually start to feel better, but it's kind of hard to stay positive when there is a vampire hanging on your neck like they wanna kill you.

"This is your punishment my little Jasper." He said when he pulled back for a minute.

"I'm sorry." I said weakly before getting bitten once again. I closed my eyes just hoping the pain would go soon. As I started to slump down because of the blood loss, he held me up easily, not letting me fall to the floor. Before I could pass out he stopped.

"Don't make me do that again Jasper." He said while placing a kiss on my cheek, leaving a small hint of a blood mark on my cheek. He held me bridal style and led me down the hallway and started heading toward somewhere that I wasn't familiar with. "Just saying it now, we have an important meeting we have to attend. I just want you to come so you can meet everyone." He said. I just nodded slightly and put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

We eventually walked into a room with a few chairs around a table. The room had wood flooring and surprisingly white walls with sun coming in. There were people standing and sitting around at the table.

"I just don't understand how we're supposed to get rid of these stupid hunters that are trying t- Hi Kayne." One of the females said while everyone else started turning their attention to him Immediately when she said Kayne's name. I felt uncomfortable around all the new faces and Kayne just nodded to all of them continuing to carry me to a chair. He sat down and put me sitting on his lap. He started to introduce me to the rest of the people there.

"Jasper, meet my team, this Kelly, Damon which you know already, Nikolas, Xylo, and Quin." They all waved to me. (Author Note, they will each be more properly introduced a little later)

"Hey I guess Kayne found someone." Kelly said.

"Oooooh" They all said in unison, followed by a cheerful laugh and praises from all of them. I felt myself blush and hid myself from them all by putting my head in his shoulder.

"Oh stop it guys." He said with a small smirk on his face. "Now for the real reason we are here. The human hunters are sending a non-stop amount of attacks and we have to find a way to stop this." He continued.

"I mean we could always ask for help from the next team that's near us." Quin suggested.

"I've already sent a message to them and hoping to get a message from them soon, it takes a while for the message to send because we have to make sure it is completely private and won't get sent to the hunters somehow." Nikolas said. Kayne nodded and looked over to Damon.

"Damon, do you have any extra information that could possibly help us right now?" He said to him with a serious look.

"Well the hunters seem to all be coming from one spot, they may have some information about it being a weak spot to the defense of our spell that is around the mountain." He said back to Kayne, while looking down at some of his notes that he had written down in a black notebook.

"Get me more information from Abigail and see if she can figure anything about making the spell stronger." He replied to Damon. (Abigail will also be introduced later more) "Okay, Quin I need you to gather some more information about the hunters, try and see if you can find out who is leading them." Kayne said sternly. She quickly nodded and went to a computer that had a dark wooden desk and started typing rapidly. "We shall have another meeting sometime later today in the evening. I will call you all in to the office when the meeting will happen, for now get back to work and good job everyone." Kayne said with a proud voice.

    He picked me up, because I was still dizzy from the blood loss that had happened to me earlier before the meeting. We started going back up the stairs and into the same hallway from earlier.

"I think we're going to have to come up with some new rules for you Jasper." He whispered in my ear softly but with a stern voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading I really hope you're enjoying the story, let me know any character suggestions you have for anyone named in this chapter. :) 

-KI_Stories