4

Excuse any mistakes. -Clair

"Congratulations Yué!" my mom shouted as she pulled me into a tight hug

My graduation ceremony just ended and boy I cannot even explain the amount of joy I feel right now. Finally I am done with undergrad and I cam move onto the next chapter in my life. We just wrapped up taking photos with my family and friends that we were here to celebrate moi.

Everyone that was supposed to be here was here. My family, my best friend, my mentors, and of course Anthony himself. He fulfilled the one request I asked of him, and that was to bring Charlie with him. Riley was also here with her mother, so hopefully my dinner does not turn into a shit show due to their drama.

"Congrats Yué." Charlie squealed as she handed me a bouquet of Lillies, her favorite.

Crouching down to her level I pulled her into a hug, "Thanks Charlie Brown. One day you'll be in my shoes."

I grazed her chin and kissed her cheek before getting up from my crouch. Turning around my eyes met his and of course he smirks at me. I still feel like that is the only look her ever gives me.

 I still feel like that is the only look her ever gives me

"Congratulations Yué." Unknowingly he pulled me into a hug. His husky cologne filled my nostrils and there I was drowning in his smell goods.

I pulled away with a smile, "Thanks Anthony."

Looking up at him I could tell I was going to hear something probably nine times out of ten unpleasant.

"Whats the plan after your dinner?" He asked as we started walking towards my car.

"Turn up with Cassie and our friends." I licked my lips gripping my empty degree case in my hand.

Its crazy that we're even talking like this outside of the office. Our dinner two nights ago was actually pretty pleasant if you ask me. For once he wasn't trying to pry information out of me. We actually had an enjoyable conversation that didn't revolve around work.

"Raincheck on your dinner, won't be able to make it."

Can't say I didn't see that one coming.

A small chuckle escaped my lips, "So you're skipping an event celebrating my accomplishment, a milestone in my life because you're too scared to see Riley?"

I rolled my eyes ad muttered under my breath, "Pussy."

He wasn't coming so I guess I can say that I dodged a bullet right? Lord knows what would've happened had the both of them been in the same room together.

"I'm not scared" he protested with his arms crossed over his chest leaning against my Telsa that was parked next to his all black Benz.

He was so in denial it almost sounds believable, "Whatever you say hot shot."