41

Anthony

Ride with Yué and Yoshi back to the hotel. I got some shit I need to handle
Sent 2:30PM

Ensō
What the fuck you done did now?
Received 2:33PM

We just not seeing eye to eye right now and I just need space before I say the wrong thing. So please...let me have some time.
Sent 2:35PM

I turned my phone off and started up the car with no possible thought of where I was going. I just wanted to clear my head and get away from my problems for the time being. Seems like shit just can't go according to plan since I fucked up with Riley--so yeah that's on me. But damn, what the fuck does she want me to do in order to get on her good side? I feel like I'm doing the most, but to her I'm not doing enough.

If I turn around and go off on my grams about the way she spoke to Yué, I wouldn't hear the end of it. I was really just trying to stay out of it so there wouldn't be much of a situation at all, but here I am playing the bad guy because I didn't stand up for her or run after her when she wanted me too. I feel like I've been chasing her for the past month and its getting old and tiring at this point.

At this point I just wanted to jump off the radar and do my own thing before I had to be on that plane tomorrow morning. I doubt Yué shows and honestly I'm fine with that. We can deal with our issues when we get back to Atlanta.

***

"What brings you in here.." the bartender asked sliding me my shot of tequila

It was my fourth shot in the thirty minutes I've been here at this bar and it was her first attempt to talk to me. I downed my shot sliding the empty glass back to her clenching my jaw hoping she would stop talking to me.

She nodded her head pulling out another shot glass filling the both of them with tequila, "not much of a talker...okay."

Sliding one of the shot glasses to me she picked up the other, "to not talking, but to drinking with strangers

Sliding one of the shot glasses to me she picked up the other, "to not talking, but to drinking with strangers.." she took the shot back and I did the same.

We repeated the same routine downing 4 more shots with her and I felt a lot less stressed than when I walked into this bar.

"You know who I am?" I questioned keeping my eyes on her

She tilted her head to the side trying to make out my face before shaking her head, "should I?"

Well that's surprising in this city at least

"What type of music are you into?"

She poured us another drink pondering my question, "the blues...some classical..little bit of jazz sometimes."

Now it really makes sense, "hip-hop and r&b must not really be your thing then."

"