1

Blake Eric Grassi-Hoying^

Laine Rose Grassi-Hoying^

***

"Blake! Hurry up or you'll be late for your test!" Mitch calls up the stairs to his son, who is 17.

"It's not for another half hour, Momma." He tells him as he comes into the kitchen.

"It takes us 15 minutes to get there and we might have to fill out papers."

"Are Dad and Laine meeting us there?"

"Yeah, once he picks her up from Zach's house."

"She's still dating him?" Blake asks once he's finished putting his shoes on.

"It's only been two months."

"Two months too long." They go to the car and leave.

"Why don't you like Zach?"

"I don't dislike him, I just don't want to have to beat him up if he hurts her."

"You're just like your dad."

"Thanks, why?"

"You're both so protective over Laine and me. You should've seen him when someone would pick on me in high school."

"I've heard some stories from Kirstie." They get to the DMV and go inside to see Scott and Laine.

"What if you mess up the test?" Laine teases her brother. Laine is Scott and Mitch's daughter and she just turned 15.

"I'm not going to mess it up, Lae."

"At least you're confident."

"Blake Grassi-Hoying?" A man calls for Blake to take the test. Scott and Mitch agreed already that Scott would go with Blake, all of them knowing that Mitch would be more likely to backseat drive on accident from anxiousness.

"Good luck, Blake."

"Thanks, Momma."

"Good luck, Bake. Love."

"Thanks, Lae. Love." Scott and Blake leave with the man, so Mitch and Laine sit in the waiting room.

"Momma, what's today?"

Mitch looks at his daughter, "June 5th, why?"

"Umm.. I think there's a bit of an emergency."

"Did you bring anything?"

"No, it's in my bag in dad's car." Mitch gets two quarters from his pocket and gives them to Laine, hoping she'll find a feminine products dispenser(??).

She finally comes back a few minutes later, "Thank you."

They wait a while longer before Scott and Blake come back.