13

"I'm hungry." Blake sits next to Scott on the couch.

"Hi, hungry. I'm Dad."

Blake looks at him, "A light pinkish internal organ approximately beneath my left rib is yearning for food, creating the feeling of hunger. My name is not hunger, you should know this considering you named me. You're my dad, I'm your son, I'm not introducing myself, I just want some food."

"That was good. Use that on your mother one of these days."

"I should. Can we see him tonight since he's working late?"

"Yeah. Do you know if Laine is staying here for dinner?"

"She is. Riley is going away for the weekend, so they have to leave soon. You should go tell her."

"Why me? I just got home, you tell her."

"I just finished a big project."

Scott groans, "Fine. I'll get up."

Scott goes upstairs and knocks on Laine's door, "Come in!"

"Lae, are you good with going to visit Momma for dinner?"

"Yeah, we haven't gone in a while."

"What does he do?" Riley asks.

"He's the Head Chef at the LA Market Restaurant at the JW Marriott Hotel."

"How the hell?"

"Mitch won season eight of Hell's Kitchen in 2010 and earned the position from it." Scott explains to Riley.

"Wait, what?"

"Laine never told you?"

"No, I never asked."

"He also has been working at Hell's Kitchen as the Sous Chef for the blue team for a few seasons. That's where he's working right now, since they're in the middle of a season."

"Does he have to live there?"

"He did when he was competing on the show, but he doesn't now."

"Woah, you were only seven. And Blake was nine."

"Yeah. He didn't want them to be too young when he left."

"I'm binge watching the season on my way to Arizona."

"How long will you be in the car?"

"Like, six hours."

"Good luck."

"Thanks. Speaking of which, I have to go. Bye, guys." Riley kisses Laine's cheek and leaves the house.

Scott goes back downstairs while Laine gets changed, "B, get off your ass and get ready."

Because they're Mitch's family, they always have a reserved table on Friday nights, whether they go or not.