Merula Snyde x Slytherin reader : the forest

Yea I know I'm writing another Merula one instead of the requests but my bi ass is in love with every single Slytherin character and if there's never the option to romance Merula in the later years I'm about to throw hands.

Also someone message me to talk about hogwarts mystery because I have a lot to say and not a lot of people to talk to.

Merula Snyde x Slytherin reader

You and Merula could not be more opposite with the way you present yourselves but you were fundamentally the same. Physically, you both care way too much about your looks and take too much time getting ready, Merula with trying to get her hair to look messy without actually being messy, and you with following all the newest and coolest trends. Merula also tended to outright tell people what's on her mind and threaten people, while you opted for being fake and talking shit about people behind their backs. Both of you were completely terrible, but in different ways. Merula was terrible because it was cool, and you were cool and also terrible. So naturally the two of you became close friends during your years at Hogwarts.

You were busy getting dressed, hiking up your skirt and picking out your earrings for the day, when you felt a tap on your shoulder. You jumped and pulled out your wand as a reflex. When you saw Merula standing behind you you rolled your eyes and put your wand away, turning back to your jewelry box on the table in front of you. The two of you barely greeted each other warmly so your reaction to her presence wasn't all that surprising.

"Those are my favourite on you." Merula said while looking over your shoulder, pointing at a pair of fairly small golden hoop earrings. You hadn't worn them yet that week so why not. You picked them up, putting them on, then picking a pair of small diamonds for your second piercings. You turned around to look Merula in the eyes after putting your earrings on, ruffling her hair to try to mess it up and giggling slightly.

"Hey!" She said while laughing, grabbing your wrists before you could do more damage to her hair, holding you against the wall behind you to restrain you even more. The both of you stopped laughing when you both realized the position you were in. Merula's face was bright red but she didn't move an inch. Your heart was beating fast and your mind went completely blank and you couldn't process anything that was happening.

"We should probably uhh go. We're already late for breakfast." You said, walking away from Merula grasp.  You knew that if anything happened that it would mess up your friendship and she was the only one who truely understood you at this school and you didn't want to ruin that. You only took a few steps before you stopped, facing away from Merula. You weren't sure if you had subconsciously did it or if Merula had done it without you noticing but you suddenly realized that your hands were intertwined. You looked down at your hands for a second before letting go and walking off.

———

Today you had a trip to Hogmead. You were with Merula all day but neither of you talked about what happened in the morning. You assumed that if you talked about it that you would find out that Merula didn't mean it the way you wanted her to and you'd rather just interpret the situation. You and Merula has snuck off into the forest to smoke (some uhhhh basil ya basil right), sitting next to each other on a tree stump. Neither of you had said anything for a bit and you were fine sitting in silence. But then Merula said something quietly, "I'm sorry."

"What do you mean M?" You looked at her confused, using the nickname you gave her when you were in your first year. She wouldn't look at you and just handed you the blunt. You took a hit without looking away from her. You probably shouldn't be trying to have a serious conversation and trying to get high at the same time but it's whatever.

"About this morning. I mean. I just. I don't know how you took it and I..." Merula spoke, still looking at the ground. She was clearly struggling to put a full sentence together and couldn't get her thoughts straight. You moved closer to her on the stump, shoulder to shoulder, thigh to thigh. You felt her tense up from the contact.

"How was I supposed to take it?" You said quietly, leaning into Merula, waiting for her to face you. She finally did, turning her head towards you and looking into your eyes. You searched in her eyes for a sign to make a move, which, turns out you didn't need to make a move because she already clumsily lunged forwards, connecting your lips with her's. You weren't prepared for Merula to be leaning on you and you accidentally fell off the stump, taking Merula down with you. You both started laughing as you were lying down on the ground, Merula on top of you.

"I'm sorry for running away this morning." You said in between kisses. Merula hushed you and dove back in for another kiss. You put your hands on Merula's hips, dragging her down closer to you, feeling her laugh against your lips as a reaction.

"When we get back to the castle should we continue what we started this morning?" You asked after the two of you parted to breathe.

"Why bother waiting?" Merula said, laughing a bit at the end.