Evan In The Bathroom (Evan Hansen X Jared's Sister! Reader)

Evan Hansen X Jared's Sister! Reader

Angst, Sad, Fluff

TRIGGER WARNING: Jared being a jerk, Threats, Slight Violence, Evan is sad, Lies, Sibling Fights

CUTENESS WARNING: Evan being happy

                                                             Your POV

"Kids! We have an hour! Pack up everything you want to keep! There's a tornado watch, and there's a high chance of twisters!" Yells my dad from downstairs. Me and Jared nod at each other and start packing one suitcase and backpack each. 

Once we've finished, we head downstairs and mom leads us to the car. She acts like we're toddlers who need to be lead to the car. We're seventeen. We can deal with getting to our driveway. We put our stuff in the trunk and sit down in the back seats as dad gets in the passenger side. I buckle my seatbelt and I notice Jared isn't buckled in. 

"Mom, Jared's seatbelt is undone!" I say, as he scowls at me. 

"Jared, put your seatbelt on." she says. 

"I am buckled. She's lying!" says Jared, smirking at me. 

"Y/N, stop lying." says mom. 

"But I'm not! Jared buckle up now or I'm going to open the window and throw you out of it." I say, holding my finger above the button that opens the window next to him for effect. 

He groans and buckles up. He goes on his phone, and I put my headphones on, listening to anime theme songs. We sleep in the car outside of town for the night. It's not safe yet to go home, and our parents don't want to pay for a three bed hotel room. Ever since the epic who-gets-the-blanket war incident seven years ago, they don't let us share a bed in hotels.

                                                        ~Timeskip~

                                                      Still Your POV

I yawn. It's morning. I sit up, and crawl from the trunk back to the backseat. (It's like my family's car IRL, the trunk is connected to the car itself with no separation, so you can go back there if you want to from the backseat.) I buckle my seatbelt and I look at myself in a reflection on my phone screen. My hair is a frizzy, tangled, matted mess. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

Jared wakes up, and buckles himself in as well. Mom is eating a quick breakfast of a granola bar she brought with her, and dad is napping, but he's already buckled, so I assume he's napping, and he already woke up this morning but fell asleep again. Mom finishes her granola and drives back home. Jared and I fight the entire way. When we stop, we noticed it. 

Our house is gone. Like, G, O, N, E. GONE. We have no home. We're the homeless Kleinmans. 

Somehow our parents aren't panicking like we are, and mom is on the phone with someone already. 

"Hello. Yes, it's good to talk to you, but there's something important. Our house got destroyed by a twister. A hotel. Yes. Yes. You would? Oh thank you so much! Yes. See you soon." and her conversation was over. 

"Good news, kids! You'll be living with my friend until we can find another house in the same neighborhood as the old one!" Mom says. 

"WHAT!?" Jared and I both yell simultaneously. 

"She's very nice, and besides, she won't bother you much, she works late most days." She says. 

"And we can't stay in a hotel?" I ask.