Part 16

Welcome back soccerchick97! My biggest fan is back and I hope she'll love this chapter! I dedicated this to her because it's got some surprises in it ;) 

10 comments and votes guys! 

Part 16

Tyler’s POV

Training was usually very brutal for Selene and me, at least we knew why now though. I don’t think Selene and I couldn’t defend ourselves against regular supernatural beings. It was the not so regular supernaturals we had to be careful about. Dad started working us on our powers as soon as we got our mates.

“We need to know where your energy source comes from. We’re so glad that you found your mates, but now we have to figure out if you two are just like your parents. Selene, since your most like your mom, we think you might get your energy from your emotions. Tyler you’re probably going to get your energy from Natalia, but we need to test it. That’s why both Natalia and Chase are here.” Dad started.

I froze at that. If my energy came from Natalia, then I would have to carefully think every move, because it could hurt her more than I had intended to.

“Chase, Natalia, if either of you feel weak, dizzy or anything other than normal, let me know immediately. It’s important that you let us know, because if you don’t, it could potentially kill you.” Dad explained.

There was silence on the other line. No response from either of them. Chase and Natalia, entered from the safe room, looking at me and Selene. I quickly rushed to Natalia, afraid something had happened to her.

“Don’t worry about me ok. I promise to tell you if I hurt anywhere, ok? Just do what you have to.” She smiled at me.

I kissed her forehead, affectionately. I had no intention of hurting her or letting her get hurt. I had to be careful, or risk losing her.

“You too, Chase. You tell me if it hurts, or so help me…” Selene trailed off.

“I promise to tell you if it hurts.” Chase told her, hugging her closely.

I wanted to be overprotective again, but I repressed the urge. Chase was her mate and he couldn’t stop the pull anymore than I could with Natalia.

“I don’t think its ok for you guys to be in the safe room, go stand in the corner. Just don’t most ok? You can’t rush to your mate if their hurt, because your then directly in the line of fire. I will not allow any of you guys to get hurt.” Dad said, seriously.

Natalia and Chase went to go sit in the corner. We turned our attention to dad, now, knowing he wouldn’t go easy on us. We got back into our stances again.

“READY!” we shouted.

Mom came out of nowhere, surprising us. We instantly shot her back into the wall before she could attack us with anything she had. Dad took hold of Selene from behind, while mom got up and shot fireballs at me.

Trying to dodge was useless, so I just shot water balls at the fire instead. Selene wasn’t holding up as well. Dad had decided strength worked better against Selene because she was smart not strong. Selene couldn’t breathe, therefore couldn’t think. I quickly made the earth around him shake making him fall over and off of Selene.

“Thanks,” she grunted.

I only nodded, as I went back to work.

Selene managed to push dad into the walls of the training room, over and over again.

“STOP!” Zane’s voice came from the speakers. 

Selene and I felt the pull in the back of our heads again.