Part 10

Recap: 

I sighed, worried. I mean if we were using our mate’s energy then they would be hurt right now, right? I didn’t even want to think about it. I just left and went up to my room.

I can’t believe we are the children of the famous Lifest. It explained so much. It explained why every supernatural at our school wanted to hang out with us. They had known yet we hadn’t. I felt a bit angry and upset at that, but I knew that our parents had their own reason.

My eyes closed as soon as my head hit the pillow. 

Part 10

Alex’s POV

We watched Tyler and Selene leave. As soon as they had left, everyone entered the training room, all our friends.

“Hey, did they only get fire?” Bells asked, confused.

It was Alec and I’s turn to laugh.

“No Bells, they both reacted instinctively, which was kind of our faults, we should have mixed it up. Anyway, fire is instinctive, that’s why.” I smiled at her.

She nodded. Even though everyone had been around us forever, we seemed to know everything, where as they were still pretty much clueless. I suppose it’s because both Alec and I were always independent. That could also be one of the reasons why we never told anyone. We were too independent and didn’t like asking for help.

“So what are you guys going to do now?” Brendan asked.

“I’m glad you know us well.” I smiled at him.

“You guys always have some kind of plan, whether you tell us or not. I preferred you told us this one please.” Brendan said.

“Yes, we have a plan. It’s not very structured, but until they meet their mates we can’t do much.” I sighed, sitting down on the floor.

Everyone followed suit.

“We’re just going to have to keep practicing, in small quantities, until they meet their mates. We’ll test it out afterwards, to see where exactly they get their power source and then go from there.” I told everyone.

“Sounds good enough to me.” Oscar announced.

Oscar was the one that always liked structure and he thought everything had a time and place but there really wasn’t much we could do in this situation.

“Sorry, there isn’t much we can do about this. Hopefully they can find their mates soon. It didn’t take Alec and I long.” I tried to cheer everyone up.

“Has it ever occurred to you that they might be using some other power source?” Asked Jack.

I stared at Jack like a fish out of water. I had not thought of that possibility.

“What do you mean?” Alec beat me to it.

“It’s completely possible that they could use some other energy source. Like the ground or the air around them.” Zane explained.

“I thought you said they were just like us.” I commented.

“Maybe we shouldn’t have said that.” Jack sighed.

“There will be some similarities but fate works in mysterious ways. We don’t know what it will include and what it won’t include. Do not depend on that as a basis. It won’t work like that. These two have their own story and, as similar to you two as they may be, their story will have its own unique and different twists and turns.” Zane explained further.