Chapter 1: Off the Pepper Steak

Chapter 1 : Off the Pepper Steak | Henry/Reader,

(ft. Sammy and Susie as well)

⦁ The Animation Studio was full and busy; The coworkers were marching from office to office, making sure to not stumble on each other. Some were running within the Art Department, some were glued to their working desk, while some were prepping for the band practice. All in all, everyone had something to do, and Mr. Dew made sure of that.

Trying to ignore some of the employees' chats and mumbling conversations, Henry was focused on his work - in his hands, a pen filled with Ink to draw the outline of his favorite Toon, Boris The Wolf. His hand was precise, each movement taken with care and explicitly traced around the pencil sketches of the cartoonish wolf.

"Working on a Boris episode?"

A delicate yet clear voice emitted from behind Henry's seat, causing him to lose focus. Behind him, was what he had assumed to be a shadow. He turns his head toward the figure of a lady. She is fully eclipsed by the shade of a warm light emitting from the windows behind her. Under his brief gaze, the Lady doesn't withdraw or flinch, but rather lean in, hands behind her back and gaze focused on the papers in front of Henry.

It was none other than (Y/n)(L/n).

"Ah, um, yes." Henry tried to recollect his thought, rather than stutter and make a fool of himself. " 'The Wolf who cried' episode, It's almost done."

"It looks great. People really liked the 'Sheep Songs' episode, so I believe this one will turn out equally well." - (L/n) spoke calmly, taking a seat next to Henry.

The male Animator would glance towards Miss (L/n) every now and then while talking. Behind her soft-hued lips was always a smile. Henry and (Y/n) work together pretty often and he had to admit, he enjoyed her company. Sometimes she'd look his way with a smile causing him to automatically return her glances, naturally.

"I believe, he should contrast to Bendy's personality - Bendy is a little devil thing; he's round, short and mischievous... but Boris should be-"

"-the opposite? He is tall and thin, so a shy and innocent personality will suit him." - Henry added in;

"Exactly! Oh, and a flute to carry around would be perfect." - to talk with (Y/n)(L/n) is a great ordeal of respect in this Studio. After promoting her to a head leader of animators and creating the Dancing Demon himself, Miss (L/n) gained quite the title. She would be excessively polite, deferential even, but still charming when it comes to friendship.

"I think there should be an episode where Boris and Bendy will go on a picnic, only to face some weird adventures."

"Skeletons. There must be more skeletons!" - the lady chimed in, trying to think of hilarious and obscure ideas to add in, besides, skeletons are rad!

Earning a snort from Henry, he chuckled in response "Spooky..."

The two continued to share their ideas while enjoying each other's company and working. (Y/n) And Henry would recheck every frame picture and count them, making sure no mistakes were present. After all, Art has the ability to express a thousand words in a second, and hundred different stories can be heard in each note of a song. That's why we have Bendy the Dancing Demon today.

For the time being, Joey Drew was strolling through the Art Department with judgmental eyes. The concept arts on desks fills him with a big "so what." So they slapped some sketches on a paper, big wow - childish plays. He doesn't understand how some of his employees see their work as Art when there isn't. If the man was any more underwhelmed he'd yawn right now, but he was meant to be a boss here.