Chapter 6: Praise the Flood

Chapter 6: Praise the Flood | Henry/Reader

(ft. Sammy and Norman)

⦁ It was another mundane morning. The 26-year-old Animator would dress up, gather up her belongings and look presentable - just like a young lady should.

During the whole ensuing day, (Y/n)'s labor would drag on. She'd receive mutual greetings upon her arrival as she'd start working : animating, outlining, and sketching before retreating to the Art department to consult with several storyboard artists. So on and so forth. She would communicate with her co-workers, expressing more inviting smiles and thus rebounding with her office once more - a corner of solitude and silence, in which only her thoughts could be perceived. (Y/n) sat, tired-eyed, and slumped over her desk, her soft mask of civility washed away by desolation.

Afterwards, (Y/n)'s true nature got out.

"I'm so tired."

As a result of (L/n)'s enduring work - the woman was exhausted beyond oomph. Her cumbersome body begs for rest, but she can't. She must work; Finnish animating, or she'll spend restless nights accentuating and tossing over it. Everyday, people mistook her calm for a readiness to rely on, while neglecting (Y/n)'s own heart. She'd compliment Susie's looks, she'd support Samuel on his hardest times, she'd help Henry when he had overworked himself and yet (Y/n) never knew how to request such love and support in return.

"Why do I continue?"

She wasn't the noble and well-pleased girl that everyone deduces her to be. She was, authentically, quite the contrary: Similar to any human being, she would envy, loath and get jealous whenever something went against her. But (Y/n) would restrain her temper. In her mind, she was no different than a coward, a selfish egoistic wimp - all hat no cattle*. After all, how else would (Y/n) describe her inner dread and fear towards her Little Devil Darling?

"I'm s c a r e d."

Indeed, (Y/n)(L/n) feared Bendy. He was an unknown living being made solemnly out of ink. Upon their first encounter, he was monstrous, aggressive and inhumane. It would be only logical to fear the unknown. The lady would fear his touch, his hugs and passion - But Joey had to drag this cursed fate onto (Y/n), demanding her to cooperate and keep it secret. Of course, Mr. Drew now held favors so grant towards Miss (L/n), that he would beg her like a slave.

Therefore, The burden of beholding a fatal secret of a living cartoon was hurled onto the 26-year-old Animator. (Y/n) would never dare to show her fear towards Bendy, no matter the odds. He was far too pure yet oblivious due to his lack of understanding about the surrounding.

It's no surprise either that (Y/n) contemplated on calling the police or quitting - but she'll have to consider on forsaking Bendy's life and her future. Thus, escaping was no option - (Y/n)'s guilt wouldn't let her.

"For how long can I protect him? What if someone finds out? What if...?!"

Every night is a futile tussle of conflicting thoughts

As gentleness of colors faded, Miss (L/n) kept her hands gripped on her hair, deaf to the world around her. A series of rushed footsteps echoed outside, followed by a knock on the door: "Miss (L/n), there's an emergency."