Chapter 5: A single pale Gardenia

Chapter 5: A single pale Gardenia | Susie/Reader

(ft. Bendy as well)

(Y/n) sighed in delight while stretching her arms out into the early summer morning. Outside was the sweet fragrance of yesterday's rain and birds chirping in the trees. The sun was already a friendly ball of yellow above, promising more heat as the day progressed. (Y/n) knew, today is going to be a splendid weather.

On her way to work, the female tends to pick up some blooming flowers from around the streets, keeping them with herself. Blue yarrows, purple cosmos, baby-blue flax, purpur geranium and many more mesmerizing colors stood out within (Y/n)'s hands. Their fresh, delightful smells brought pleasures to anyone's senses.

When Miss (L/n) arrived to work, she entered her office. A private working area, granted by Joey Drew himself, in which (Y/n) felt comfortable working in silence away from crowded lobbies. It was the first brush of the morning, meaning the studio was still empty and very few employees were presented on such an early hour. When the young (Y/n) placed her flower boutique in a water-filled glass, the female cartoonist noticed stacks of paper on her desk.

"Oh, yesterday's story board... Good thing they didn't forget it."

Indeed, The lady recalled how she requested the Art Department to leave the unfinished frames on her desk yesterday, and it seemed they did so. They were episodes that are still in progress, still unfinished and messy, but when (Y/n) took them within her hands - she was met with completely well drawn and fully finished animation frames. "Huh..? But these are already done? In only one night?"

Upon closer inspections (Y/n) wondered why, and more specifically, who did it - it was clearly not someone from the Art department that finished the job - the art style was different, and it is impossible to complete a whole new episode of Bendy in just one single night? Each frame was perfect, flawless and clear. "Who...?"

(Y/n) sinks into her chair and peer around, oblivious to the cartoonish eyes that stared at her with amusement and bewilderment. Within Miss (L/n)'s soothing and organized office, stood an inanimate Bendy cutout made of cardboard. It leaned on the corner, completely still and harmless - but no one would've suspected that behind those pie-cut eyes was a particular Demon staring through them. 

He watched the female animator through walls and pictures, observing shyly her every move ; For Bendy, it was embarrassing to just gape at a lady such as (Y/n), but since it was daytime - the toon wasn't allowed to make a noise. All day long he'd stay hidden within pictures and walls, observing different employees and their work innocently. Thus staying unseen, Bendy found himself hiding as a shadow on walls trying to be closer to (Y/n)'s presens.

An unnoticeable smile started to develop on Bendy's composed face ; he wanted to sneak out of his hiding, tell (Y/n) that it was him who finished those animation frames, and perhaps, receive an approving hug from his lovable creator... Just the thought of (Y/n)'s soft figure envelope Him with admiration made Bendy's inky heart melt inside.

But Alas, a knock on the door prohibited the toon from doing so. "Come in!"
A young lady, whose sharp tones of her contrasting face and a pomegranate lipstick were visible, entered the office : "Good morning dear. You're early today, I see."

Forgetting the drawings in her hands, (Y/n) turned around, noticing Susie Campbell leaning on the doorway : "Good Morning Susie, It was a lovely day outside, so I decided to take my time and enjoy the weather."