Chapter 3

I wake up at exactly  five in the morning

       I wake up at exactly  five in the morning. When I got back home from work last night, it was thirty minutes past midnight. As soon as I took off my work clothes, I put on a big over-sized Tauren Wells concert t-shirt and fell into my bed. I was asleep, instantly. Now here I am, only a little over four hours later, awake at five a.m. in my bed just staring  at my ceiling fan. The plug in wax warmer from my bathroom gives my room a little bit of light. The sun will be coming out in about another hour and a half.  Therefore, it's still dark outside. I have the blinds open just a tad on one of the windows in my room and I can see the moon. I love looking at the sky when it's dark. It is beautiful.

      I can't stop thinking about my brother, his stupid best friend and what they asked me.......Today is my first official day that I am off for my two weeks of vacation. I am so glad to be off from work. I didn't really plan on going anywhere. I just planned on staying around the house and catching up on some shows on Netflix. I live such an exciting life, right? If I'm being honest with myself, part of me has always wanted to go to Los Angeles, California. I've never been out of the state of Alabama before. Lame. I know.  This still doesn't change the fact that I do not like Bryce Carmichael AT ALL, but maybe this road trip could benefit the both of us. He could accomplish whatever it is that he is trying to accomplish and I can finally get to travel out of the good ol' sweet home Alabama.

I sigh. I look over at my I-Phone 6 that's just sitting there charging on my night stand. I look away from it and then I look back at it again. 

It's way to early to call Xander.....

He stays over at Bryce's place sometimes. Bryce lives in his own apartment by himself. Sometimes I wonder why Xander just doesn't move in with him since they are with each-other so much.

Wait.....He's probably here at home in his room right now.

Is it too early to go check?

Oh well.

Who cares?

I throw the covers off of me and grab a pair of sweat pants to throw on real quick. I open my bedroom door and walk out into the hallway. It's very quiet. It's Saturday. Mom and dad are asleep.  The door to Xander's room is cracked open. I peek through the crack. I see Bryce sitting on the chair in front of Xander's desktop computer and Xander is laying sideways across his bed. They look like they are in an intense conversation.

I don't care.

I open the bedroom door the whole way.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." Xander says, as soon as his eyes land on me.

I let out a fake laugh. "Very funny, brother, very funny."

"So, what brings you over here?" He asks. He sits up on the bed.

Bryce isn't even looking at me. He grabbed a magazine that was sitting on the floor and started looking through it.

How nice.

"I can't sleep. " I tell him.

"And?" He probes.

I sigh, defeated. "And...I've been thinking about the favor that you asked me about." I say, quickly.

Bryce's eyes, suddenly, dart over to me as soon as I say those words.

He still doesn't say anything, though.

"And?" He probes again.

I take a deep breath. "I'll do it."