Chapter One

Chapter One :

I walked down the stairs of Kyla's house and her dad was reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. Her mother was cooking something at the stove and her younger sister sat at the table texting. Kyla's sister, Audrey, was only thirteen and she sent more texts than Kyla, which was strange.

"Good morning, Aria," Kyla's mother greeted, "Do you like your eggs scrambled or-"

 "Either way is fine, Mrs. Martin," I said cutting her off, "I don't really eat eggs at home, so can I have toast instead?"

"Sure, Aria," Mrs Martin replied smiling at me. She went back to cooking on the stove and I sat down beside Audrey. MacKenzy and Jenna came down and sat acrossed from me.

 "I don't think I know you anymore, Jenna," MacKenzy said.

"Well, you fell asleep," Jenna said, "You could've prevented me by saying that if you were awake."

"Sorry, I was tired," MacKenzy said.

"What is going on with you two this morning?" I asked.

"Jenna told me she likes that person from One Direction a little more than Josh," MacKenzy said.

"Isn't that a good thing? I mean, you get Josh and Jenna has Zayn?" I asked.

"Yeah, that way I can marry him!" MacKenzy shrieked.

"Keep dreaming," Jenna mumbled, "I doubt you'll ever meet him."

"What about you, with Zayn?" MacKenzy asked rolling her eyes.

"Aria said she will try and meet them," Jenna smirked, "I'll have my chance."

"What are you guys talking about?" Audrey said looking up from her cell phone.

"About Jenna's new love intrest," I answered, "It is Zayn instead of Josh."

"Who?" Audrey asked again, for Kyla's sister, she didn't know much about celebritys like Kyla did.

"Zayn from One Direction and Josh from the Hunger Games," I answered.

"Oh, that is what you get for staying over a night with my sister," Audrey said returning to her phone and texting away. Kyla came down and hopped in a seat beside me, so I was in the middle of two sisters. Andrea came down five minutes later with Gabby.

After breakfast I went upstairs and looked through my bag. I had no idea what to wear. Kyla and MacKenzy came up.

"Why are you guys up here? I thought you were still eating," I said to them.

"We were eating, until Jenna and Gabby started hogging the bacon," MacKenzy answered, "So, what are you up to?"

"I have to get ready, remember?" I said, "Going to another country in another continent."

"Remember your dare," Kyla said looking at me.

"I will remember, Kyla. I will be skyping you everyday, other than texting," I said with a laugh. MacKenzy went up to her green bag that sat on the floor by her sleeping bag and pulled out a ruffely purple tanktop and a pair of light purple denim shorts.

"Purple everything?" Kyla asked, "You're obsessed with the colors green and purple as much as you love Josh."

"I am not wearing purple everything, I have my lime green flipflops downstairs," MacKenzy said, "And I am wearing gold bangels on my wrists too."

"Nevermind, I don't need you to share everything you are wearing today," Kyla said walking over to her closet, "Should I wear this?"

"Where are you going today?" I laughed. I looked at the red Aeropostale shirt she grabbed off a hander, "No, that red looks weird."

"Looks weird?" Kyla laughed, "How?"

"It just does," I said shrugging my shoulders. Andrea came upstairs and went over to her bag also, "Why are you guys getting dressed? You aren't doing anything important today."

"I am coming with you to the airport," Kyla said.

"What?" I asked.

"My dad is allowing me and MacKenzy to ride with you to the airport!" Kyla squealed. I rolled my eyes.

"Remember, get me a souvineer of some sort," Andrea told me going into the bathroom to change. I gave her small thumbs up. Kyla changed into denim shorts, a pink Aeropostale shirt, and a green hoodie over top of the shirt.

"Help," I said to MacKenzy and Kyla, "I don't know what to wear."

"How is it hard for you to decide? Your mom is a fashion designer," MacKenzy said picking out random shirts and shorts.

"Wear this," Kyla said picking out a floral blouse.

"Okay, now what shor-" MacKenzy cut me off.

"These," MacKenzy said handing me a pair of denim shorts. I decided to add converse with the outfit, even though Kyla and I had and argument over gladiator sandles and my black converse.

"Girls! We need to drive Aria to the airport!" Kyla's father yelled from down stairs.

"Coming!" Kyla screamed. I grabbed one of my sutcases and MacKenzy grabbed the other bags I had. We walked out to Kyla's driveway and her dad put my things in the trunk. I sat up in the passenger seat and the two girls sat in the back. When Kyla's father turned on the car, Kyla's One Direction CD started blaring out music.

"Kyla, what did I tell you?" her father asked pulling out of the driveway as I turned down the volume, "When you borrow the family car, you need to take out the CD and turn down the volume."

"Sorry," Kyla said quietly. Her father turned around and glared at her and she shrugged her shoulders. MacKenzy and I laughed. The whole ride their was chaotic. Kyla sand along to the lyrics of the One Direction songs, MacKenzy kept asking, "Can we turn on the actual radio now?", and I tried to ignore both of them. After listening to three songs, I turned on the radio and Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson started playing.

"I threw a wish in the well! Don't ask me I'll never tell!" MacKenzy screamed.

"You know MacKenzy, it is call singing, not screaming," I said turning around.

"What? I love this song!" MacKenzy said throwing her hands up in the air. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Hey, I just met you! And this is crazy!" MacKenzy and Kyla screamed.

After listening to their horrible singing, I changed the radio station. That was a bad idea because One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful started playing.

"We're here," Kyla's father announced as we pulled up to the airport. I got out of the car and Kyla and MacKenzy told Mr. Martin that they will help me get to the terminal and then come straight back to the car.

"I will miss you!" MacKenzy said when my flight started boarding.

"You have your passport, right?" Kyla asked wiping a tear from her eyes. I nodded and laughed.

"Kyla, you saw it in my hand when we walked into the airport," I said. She laughed.

"Okay, I'll bloody miss you, Aria!" Kyla said hugging me and talking in a fake British accent. I laughed.

"I'll miss you both!" I said to them in my British accent. They both laughed and I got on the plane.