Chapter 1: Stark

I grab his hand as he goes to punch me, twisting it and jumping to put my calfs round his neck. I roll back down onto the floor, flipping him over as I do so, making him land with a thud.

"You win, you win, you win!" He barely gasps out.

I release my grip and I get up off the floor, grabbing my bottle whilst I stand there smirking at Tony.

Yes, Tony Stark, I work for him now as both his personal trainer and assistant. I can see now why him and Steve didn't really get along as they're complete opposites in many ways, but once you get to know Tony, you wonder where he's been all your life. 

I've been working here for the last five months. Tony offered me a job at Stark Industries which I took gladly, I felt like I needed to get out of Washington and all the memories that were there of my old life. I live in Avengers Tower now with Pepper and Tony, he insisted on it because I barely had enough money to move, I refused to use Tony's, plus all of us are really close friends now, even though we haven't known each other for a long time. I still keep in contact with Sam and Lucy, giving them a call every night if I can. Natasha's off finding herself a new cover and told me she'd get in touch once it's safe, I still haven't heard anything from her yet though. They're all really supportive after what happened, but I still feel empty inside, especially after Steve died. 

It broke my heart, literally. I didn't eat or move for two weeks after he never showed up to our date, the only reason I got up out of my apartment was because of the funeral. There was only nine of us there:  myself; Natasha; Fury; Maria; Sam; Tony; Clint; Bruce and Sharon, the nurse who lived down the hall from him. Thor was dealing with some events in Asgard so he couldn't come, but it was that day Tony offered me a job, I personally think it was because although he wanted me to work there, he wanted to try and make me feel somewhat better. Peggy couldn't come but she was shocked and broke down in tears just like I had. One thing I noticed was that Sam was acting extremely weird that day, he was constantly looking round as if someone was watching, he couldn't even look at the coffin.

After the funeral, I visited his grave everyday to talk to him about what how I was doing, how I missed him. But one day I went and, his gravestone was gone, vanished into thin air, as if it was never there in the first place. I never asked anyone about it, I thought it was probably just so people wouldn't come bombarding it with various items. I think about him everyday, I think what it would be like if he was here by my side, maybe we would be together now, I don't know. Honestly, I'd do anything to get him back, but I couldn't, he's dead.

"Scarlett..." Tony interrupted my thoughts as I shot my head back up to meet his gaze.

"Sorry Tony I was just-"

"I know what you were thinking about, don't apologize." I sent him a smile to show my appreciation.

"So Mr. Stark. You have a free day today so I believe you'll probably be working on those suits of yours"." I whispered the end part since Pepper didn't know Tony was still making suits. After what happened with the Mandarin, he exploded all of them for her, but left a few without her knowledge. I've learned a lot from him, so I can help with whatever he's doing, well sometimes anyway...

"I want to show you something, come on." Tony grabbed my arm and dragged me to the elevator.

"My workshop." Tony spoke.

"Yes Sir, and hello Miss Maples." 

"Hi Jarvis." I replied. Even though I've been here for months, I still get excited when he recognizes me. I sound like a girl in high school with a crush or something...

Once we reached it, the doors opened to reveal his workshops. There was about ten different suits around us of various shapes and sizes, but my attention focused on something on his desk.