Chapter 12: Bucky

This chapter is dedicated to FoxxyPenguin48 for always voting on my stories, including 'Closing the Portal' which is brand new. Thank you for always commenting as well, we have much in common considering we both wish Steve was our boyfriend ;) haha, this is for you! -love ila 

I literally sprinted back to my room, desperate to put on my new suit. Bursting through my door, I pulled the suit off the hanger and changed in to it. 

Although at first I was really eager, now I was being very delicate with the fabric, making sure to not rip it anywhere or make the material go weird. Weaving myself in to it, I zipped up the front and looked in the mirror, pleased with the result. The black material fit my body snugly as it's tone changed in different places, giving it more shape. The belt was a comfortable fit and the holsters around my legs moved freely, making it easier for me to fight.

Opening the back of the wardrobe, I took two guns and put them in my holsters. I slipped my black wedged boots on and placed knives round my ankles, hidden inside the boot. I twisted the 'widow bites' on both my wrist and looked to see the electricity flowing through the rest of my suit, showing they were working. I picked up two bite discs and my extendable rope, attaching them to my belt. I left my hair down and straight, and left for the Quinjet.

"Are those my bites?" Natasha said as I walked in.

"Tony made me this suit, but obviously he didn't think you'd be coming so thought they'd be handy for me to have instead." 

"Oh right, understandable." She replied whilst climbing in to the pilot seat, surprising me that she didn't get more annoyed. 

I was the only one here so far, so I climbed in next to her and started setting up various equipment. It took me two minutes. 

"Wow, I thought Clint was fast." 

"He is, but he still has to read the manual when he does it. I don't, as soon as I see the switches I know what to do." I answered, climbing back out of the seat and in to the back. I could see Steve, Tony, Bruce and Clint now walking up the jet, and when I looked outside Thor was waiting by the window. 

"Look at my work of art." Tony said, taking my hand and spinning me round. "Almost as gorgeous as me." I rolled my eyes as I sat down in the seat next to Steve.

"You look amazing." Steve said to me whilst we all buckled up.

"So do you Cap." I replied, wiggling my eyebrows.

I looked over to Clint, who had a confused expression on his face as he looked at all the switches already in place. Natasha swatted his hand down and told him to focus.

A few seconds later, the Quinjet took to the air. I looked out to check Thor was still with us, which he was.  Bruce was holding his tablet, flicking through various files that were brain images. I stared at the screen, realizing they were mine. I squeezed Steve's leg gently before getting up and moving to sit next to Banner.

"That's my brain isn't it?" I asked.

"Yes, and considering how much your access is expanding, I'd say you're now at 83%. It'll be at least a week before you reach maximum capacity, as it takes longer the more you get."

I widened my eyes. 83%. Wow.

"What happens when I reach 100%?"

Bruce took off his glasses and sighed deeply, looking at me.

"I have no idea."

The rest of the ride, we all sat in silence, until Clint spoke up. 

"Buckle up, we're landing." All of us attached our seat belts as we began to descend, reaching the ground in seconds. Steve grabbed his shield as Clint and Natasha climbed out of their seats, each picking up several ear pieces and giving them to us. He grabbed his bow and arrow whilst she lit up her bites, ready for any trouble. Tony put on his mask as Thor waited for us outside.