Chapter 9: Aggressive attacks

Once we were back inside, Natasha came over to us with Clint by her side. Clint was dressed in a sleek black suit, with the top two buttons on his shirt undone, exposing the top of his chest. Natasha was wearing a deep red skin tight dress with black heels and her hair in gentle curls.

"Where's Stark? Seems odd for him to not be at his own party." Clint asked as soon as we reached them.

"I don't know, he was on the balcony but I left him for about thirty seconds and he took off, literally."

"Well we have a slight problem..." Natasha murmured.

"Which is?" Steve asked.

A huge thud emerged from the dance floor as everyone backed away. In confusion I walked closer, and sighed seeing Sam wearing one of Tony's suits.

"Sam what the hell are you doing?" I shouted, storming over to him. 

"Well hello again Scarlett, I must say you do look beautifully, if you weren't Rogers I'd have you myself-"

"Jarvis take the suit off him." I said, ignoring his last comment.

"If you do that, I'll shoot." He held up his hand at the glass that separated us from outside.

Rolling my eyes, I took matters into my own hands. Flicking my wrist up, the suit detached from his body.

"Party pooper!" Sam shouted at me as he walked over in annoyance.

"Don't take Tony's stuff then!" I shouted back at him, when at this point everyone was watching us. Steve was about to get involved but Natasha stopped him, showing I could handle it on my own.

"I can take anyone's stuff, everyone takes mine!" He grabbed the locket from around my neck and ripped it off, breaking the chain.

I heard everyone gasp, including myself.

"Give me the locket, or I'll give you a bruise." I said through gritted teeth.

"Do it." He challenged, coming face to face with me.

I flung my knee up into his stomach, putting him in a headlock when he leaned forward from the pain. 

"Apologize."

When I didn't get an answer, I kneed him again in the stomach and let him drop to the floor. I grabbed the locket off him and ran to the stairs, heading up to the roof. 

I could feel the tears streaming down my face, but it wasn't out of any kind of sadness. It was out of anger. Sam didn't seem like the kind of person to threaten his friends, never mind take their stuff. I guess alcohol makes people go insane...

I wiped them away as I reached the roof, sitting down on the edge so I could look over the city. Whenever I was stressed, or upset, I'd come here. It makes me forget about everything going on around me and let's me think. I clutched the locket in my hands as I lay down on my back and stared up at the stars scattered across the sky like diamonds, with a few tears falling down my face.

"Get off me roof! Have you seen that vine? Broom broom, get out me car! It's hilarious..." I recognized Tony's voice as he landed on the roof and walked over to me, sitting down beside me. 

"What's wrong? It's not me flying away is it? I'm sorry-" 

"Sam broke the necklace Steve gave to me, the chain's snapped and I can't replace it." I cut him off as I couldn't cope with his rambling.

"Scarlett, I'm sure it can be changed-" Tony was trying his best to sound sober, but it wasn't working on me.

"No look at it! It can't!" I showed him the mess Sam had made.