Chapter 1

Adelaide sat on her bed with her legs crossed, running her finger over the name etched within her skin on her right arm for the thousandth time. She concentrated on the mysterious name, wondering when she was going to meet him.
"Dean Winchester," she whispered to herself. "When am I going to meet you?"
"Adelaide!" Her brother called from downstairs. "You're going to be late for school!"
"I'm coming, Jackson!" She hollered back. Adelaide quickly grabbed her black backpack and swung one strap over her right shoulder. She grabbed her phone and earbuds and raced downstairs.
"What the hell were you doing up there?" Her older brother questioned her. She rolled her eyes and sighed.
"None of your business," she snapped. Jackson shook his head and pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose.
"Actually, it kinda is. I'm your legal guardian," Jackson replied. Adelaide crossed her arms and threw her head back. Ever since her parents died in a house fire, Jackson had been super protective of her. "Anyway, you're gonna be late for school. I'd start walking if I were you." Adelaide nodded. She hugged her brother goodbye and started for the front door.
"Bye!" She exclaimed, as she threw on her old, beaten up, black converse sneakers. She plugged her earbuds into her phone and stuffed one earbud I her right ear, she left the other one hanging. She swung open the door and slammed it shut. Adelaide looked through her playlist and decided to put on "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC, her favourite band and she started for her highschool.

12 Years Later

Adelaide woke up drenched in sweat. She had yet another nightmare. Lately, she'd been having awful nightmares about demons, but she couldn't understand why. She'd been living by herself for about eight years now, but being alone still scared her. Especially when she was having nightmares about something, that in her mind, didn't exist. Adelaide rubbed her forehead and threw the covers off of her. She gingerly stepped out of bed and into the kitchen. She grabbed a glass from one of the cupboards and ran some cold water. She filled the glass and took some small sips of water. She placed the cup in the sink and made her way into the living room. She threw herself onto the couch and turned on some tv. She reached for her phone to check the time. 6:30 am. Adelaide sighed. As she placed her phone back down beside her, her sleeve raised up just enough to see the name etched in her right arm. She pulled her arm closer to her and studied the name, for probably the millionth time in her life. She ran her fingers up and down the name, something she did a lot.
"Where are you, Dean Winchester?" She asked herself. She pushed her sleeve down, to cover the name, and watched the news that was playing on the tv.

Dean Winchester sat at the kitchen table of his bunker. He studied the daily paper, looking for a hunt to keep his mind off of the name that was written on his right arm that he had been thinking about a lot lately. He dropped the paper, in frustration, after he couldn't find anything. He started to stare at the name on his arm, just thinking.
"Adelaide Collins, when am I going to make you Adelaide Winchester?" Dean asked himself, in that low, scruffy voice of his. Just then, his brother, Sam walked into the room.
"Are you still obsessing over Adelaide?" Sam asked his older brother, a little bit of concern laced in his voice. Dean sighed.
"I'm 28 years old. I was suppose to meet her by now," Dean replied. "I mean, you already met your soulmate, so you don't know what it's like."
"Yes, but I lost her because of that stupid demon," Sam snapped. He sadly looked down at his arm. He ran his finger over the name that hurt him most to see or hear. Jessica Moore.
"Right. Sorry, Sammy," Dean apologized. Sam nodded his head, accepting Dean's apology. "It's just, I wanna meet her so bad."
"I know. I understand. But it just takes time. You gotta be patient." Dean nodded.
"Yea, I know. I get it," Dean whispered, in a sad tone. "I'm gonna go take a nap." Dean left the room and sauntered down the hall and into his fair sized bedroom. He threw himself onto his king size bed and stared off into space until he fell asleep, Adelaide still on his mind.