Chapter Thirty-Two

Charlotte

Something was different about Luca tonight. Usually, he was rough in how he handled me—commanding, dominant, and wild—but tonight, he held me like I was breakable, each stroke more tender and gentle than the one before. His calloused hands traced along my curves, lightening pulsing through his fingertips and setting my soul on fire. My cheek, the nape of my neck, my breasts, my sides, along my hips, my thighs, my ankles--his hands were everywhere. 

Luca hovered above me, bushing his thumb across his lower lip and groaning as he took in the sight of my naked body beneath him. There was a calm, quietness about his that I wasn't used to, like he was seeing me for the first time all over again. Like I was the most precious thing in his entire world, a burning, desperate desire flashing in his eyes that made my heart skip a beat. My stomach fluttered with anticipation, sensing that there was something different about tonight. Something more intimate. Something more intense. Whatever sparked this change in Luca, I wasn't complaining.  

My body ached for him, and with every buttery velvet touch, that desire only blazed hotter. By the time he was slipping off my panties, it was a damn inferno. Normally, soft and slow was exactly how I liked it, but tonight, his promise felt like a death sentence.

Luca straddled my hips, leaning forward as his lips swept across the swell of my breasts. My nipples hardened as his gentle kisses smothered them, his hands massaging and caressing as he went. He trailed his tongue down my chest to my stomach to my hips, lingering just at my panty line and swiping from one side to the other. His hot, minty breath was cool against the wet trail and it sent ferocious shivers across my body. 

His erection pressed into me, still caged by the thin fabric of his boxer briefs but bulging, and a reminder that he wanted me just as much as I wanted him. When I reached for the band, he batted my hand away. 

"No," he grunted. "Tonight is about you, tesoro." His hands grabbed my wrists, pinning them above my head. "Just close your eyes and enjoy." 

I pressed my lips together, suppressing a needy moan. Wow, I loved it when he manhandled me like that. I'd never admit aloud, but the idea of it churned a burning heat in my core. The strong, independent woman inside of me cringed, but when he took me that way, I was only his, and every move he made assured me of that. 

Luca grabbed my ankle, resting it on his shoulder, his kisses branding my leg as he worked his way higher and higher up my thighs. He was enjoying the tease, and my squirming only egged him on. 

"Please, Luca." I let out a breathy plea. If I had to wait another second for him, I was positive I might die. 

"Patience, baby." His fingers leaving possessive marks as he stroked up my thigh. The hungry grin on his face was telling. The more desperate I was, the longer he'd drag this on. 

Luca's hands fell to my knees, gently pushing them open. HIs fingers crept up my thighs, brushing against my lips, already soaking wet for him. 

"Mmm." I whimpered, his touch finally fulfilling me. I arched back, forcing my hips upward, pressing him for more. 

Luca's fingers stroked my folds, up and down and up and down for a few seconds, and then without much warning, he plunged two fingers inside of me. 

I gasped, holding onto his shoulders as a mix of torture and ecstasy washed over me. It felt so fucking good, but the faster he pulsed them, the more I wanted. I was absolutely insatiable for him. I'd never get enough. Not as long as I lived. 

When his thumb pressed onto my clit, I almost came undone right there, the pressure just strong enough to leave me trembling. My toes curled under as I clutches onto the bedsheets, searching for something to keep me grounded. To keep me right here in this moment because I wanted to enjoy every bit of it. 

"Oh god, Luca." 

"You're so fucking beautiful, Charlotte. Every single inch of you. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life."  Luca's voice was low as he pressed a kiss to the corner of my mouth. 

The weight of his body pressed against mine, and he put another finger in filling me to the brim. My body tightened around him, literally quivering at his touch. A rush of warm liquid pooled between my legs, drenching Luca's fingers, but it didn't damper his spirits. If anything, it only encouraged him. 

His pace got quicker and quicker, almost punishing, and right as I was about to topple over the cliff, it all stopped. The warmth between my legs was overtaken by the cool, harshness of his absence. Thankfully, he only left me waiting a few seconds before I felt the warm lap of his tongue against my pussy. 

I tried to cry out again, but Luca's hand covered my mouth and he jolted up. "You told me you could be quiet. I don't have to stop, do I?" 

I shook my head wildly, terrified that he would. 

"Good girl." He grinned, dipping between my legs again. 

This time, I bit back my moans, pulling against his grasp as his tongue flicks against my clit, every bit of composure I had left completely dissolving. I sucked in a sharp breath when he plunged inside of me, sucking and kissing me as his palms slid up the backs of my legs.

Unable to hold back any longer, my body started writhing against him, exploding into the oblivion. Luca gave me the highest high I'd ever been on. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I could hardly even breathe. My body felt like it was for me, like every bit of me was created and designed to be loved by him in every single capacity. The fact that I ever thought I could live without his love was almost laughable now. It completed me. It complimented me. I was a better, fuller person when I was with him than I was on my own, and that was worth whatever I had to sacrifice to be here. 

"Do you have any idea how long I have waited for you, baby?" Luca asked, finally coming up for air.  

"I'm sure there were plenty of women along the way." I said sheepishly, not meeting his eyes.

"Baby, look at me." Luca put my finger under my chin, angling my face toward him. "There was never anyone else. I haven't had sex since the day you walked out of here. I haven't shared my bed with a single person since you've been gone."

"Not anyone?" I asked. He'd said it before, but it was still hard for me to believe. Luca was at the very tip top of the dating game in this city. Women threw themselves at his feet even when they knew we were together, and I knew when he was single it probably increased tenfold. 

"Well there was one time Gabe and Lily were fighting so he slept over but other than that..." He joked

I slapped at my chest playfully. "Wow. I guess I just thought..." I trailed off, unsure of how to continue. 

"Have you?" He asked, suddenly curious.

"Of course not." I scrunched my face up at him.

"Hey, it's a valid question." he chuckled. "You could have any man you wanted eating out of the palm of your hand."

"Yeah, but I thought the one I wanted didn't want me." 

"I've always wanted you, Charlotte. I will want you until my dying day, so don't you ever doubt that. Do you understand me?"

I didn't answer, letting the weight of his words sink in. 

"Charlotte..." HIs voice held a warning.

"I won't doubt it, Luca." I snuggled into his chest, unable to wipe the smile off of my face.

Luca continued for what felt like hours, making me come over and over again, just to start over with a relentless determination. Not once did he let me touch him. Pleasure him. Even so much as kiss him. All of his attention was on me, and making me feel good.

For years, I'd dreamt of moments like this. When I was out there on my own, regretting my decisions and wishing more than anything I was curled up in bed with Luca, I thought about this. Even when I was happy and content, I thought about this. About what it would feel like to be in his arms again. To be kissed by him. Dominated by him. Consumed by him. To be loved by him again.

And now that it was here, it was better than I ever could have imagined. None of my fantasies did justice to the real thing.

We'd missed out on so much time together, and luckily, Luca seemed just as eager to make up for that time as I was.