Chapter 1: Introductions

You didn't do well in crowds. Especially not this type of crowd. Yet, here you were standing, short black dress, hair and makeup done, alone at the bar, wondering why you were there in the first place.

Of course. Angel.

She basically forced you into this, because her "friend", Park Jimin, invited her and she didn't want to go alone. She did your hair and makeup, picked out your outfit and everything. All while promising that she won't leave you alone. Yet, here you are, standing alone at the bar, ordering your 5th drink for the night. Angel disappeared with Jimin in some back room.

The main reason you don't want to be here, is the crowd. These were bad people. Well, most of them. Park Jimin was a part of one of the biggest, baddest Mafia in the world. Bangtan Sonyeondan.

Park Jimin. He was in charge of deals. He made sure all their weaponry was delivered to them, their drugs dealt and their money was counted. And lord have mercy on those who cheated him. As friendly he can be with Angel, he can immediately turn around and stab whoever tries to cheat him.

As your eyes wandered, you spotted all the other Bangtan members.

Kim Seokjin. You're not exactly sure what he did, which scared you. He's handsome. Flawless even. The few encounters you've had with him, he was gentle and charming. If you had to guess, he was in charge of meetings with possible suppliers and whatever responsibilities that went with it.

Kim Taehyung. Charming as hell and his smile could make you melt. From what you gathered, he was in charge of "persuading" those who aren't attracted by Seokjin's charming words. A whole group of "helpers" behind him.

Min Yoongi. Security. He was always in the shadows at these parties. A phone in hand and a visible earpiece. You didn't know much about him, since he was always quiet. He'd mumble you a "hello" and disappear again.

Jung Hoseok. Probably the friendliest of them all. He always stopped to start a conversation with you and keep you company, occasionally flirt with you as if it were normal. If Yoongi is the technical part of security, Hoseok is the physical. He was feared. At the last party you saw him, a drunk guy couldn't keep his hands off you and Hoseok just looked at him before the man apologised profusely before walking off.

Kim Namjoon. The boss. The leader. Charming, clumsy from what you heard, but a tongue as smooth as silk. Always knows what to say and might even sell you life insurance without you knowing it, but crossing him might be your biggest mistake. Not only does he have 5 main members behind him, but he himself can be ruthless.

You look down at your glass. Seeing that it's almost empty again, you turn your back on the crowd and look at the shelf behind the bartender. You could see your reflection in the mirror behind all the bottles. The bartender moves in front of you and taps his finger on the counter, asking with his eyes if you'd like another one. You nod before downing the rest of the drink. He shook his head and laughed a bit.

"How about something lighter?" he suggested. "I can see you're bored and you're just drinking because you don't have anything else to do." You blushed at his statement and he laughed again. "Relax, I'm not mocking you. I just don't want you staggering out here alone or worse, with some creature that might not take you home." He smiled sincerely and you let out a soft breath.
"I'd like something a little lighter, thank you." you say and he smiles, taking your glass. He's handsome and all of him just fits in at this place, except for his smile. While the others smiles could be described as a smirk, his was a genuine smile. It was gentle.