Chapter 7

Alia's P.O.V

I feel like the luckiest girl ever. Varun is the best boyfriend I could have ever asked for. We have been together for a few weeks now. I have started going to college again, but I haven't seen Aksaar. If I saw him again, I don't know what I would say. I  had a small crush on him when I met him, but after spending time with Varun, I developed deeper feelings for him than a crush. 

"Alia" Varun called as he barged into the room. "What happened?" I asked. "He smiled at me before saying, "my mom is calling you". I nodded at him and went downstairs. 

"Alia beta," Varun's mom said. "Yes auntie" I replied in a sweet tone. "David and I are going on a trip to Switzerland," she said in an excited tone. I smiled at her and said "Wow auntie. That's great". She smiled back at me and said, "Alia, I have seen the way Varun looks at you, the way he talks about you, and the way his face brightens when he is with you. I don't know what is going on between Varun and you, but I want you to know that I will always support you two. Since you have been staying here, I want you to have some responsibility in the house". I didn't know how to reply to that, so I simply nodded. She swallowed before picking up a key from the table next to her and holding it in front of me. "Aunty," I said unsure of her next action. She held my hand and placed the key in it. "Alia, this is the house key. From now on, you are a part of this family. I know that you are Varun's girlfriend, and I hope that one day you can be something more." she said. She then walked forward and hugged me before walking towards the stairs. 

I was surprised but more shocked than surprised. I didn't ever think that I would get to live in the Dhawan household, let alone getting the keys. I quickly ran upstairs and into Varun's room. He was sitting on the couch reading a magazine. When he saw me come in, he put the magazine on the table and stood up. "Alia, are you okay?" he asked. Without thinking, I ran towards him and into his warm arms. A few tears escaped my eyes. He gently pulled me back, and rubbed his fingers against my cheek, wiping the tears. "What happened?" he asked. "Nothing. I just really missed you" I said. He chuckled and said "I'm right here Alia. I'm always going to be with you, you don't have to cry".  He pulled me back into the hug, and we stood there for a while.

Varun's P.O.V.

Alia and I had been dating for almost a month now. I truly love her and I think that she is the girl for me.

I walked into the living room, where I saw Alia working on her laptop. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her. "Hi Alia," I said. She looked up at me and then put her laptop to the side. "Hi Varun," she said. "Varun, can I ask you for something?" She said. I smiled and said, "of course". "Woh Varun, I really miss my best friend. Her name is Shraddha," she said.

I smiled at her and said, "do you want to call her over?". She smiled and nodded at me. I picked up her phone and handed it to her. "Invite her over tonight," I said. Alia's eyes lit up as she leaned into my arms.

Alia's P.O.V.

I sprinted up to my room, and jumped on my bed. I pulled out my phone from my pocket, and dialled Shraddha's number. She finally picked up after three rings. "Shraddhu!" I yelled into the phone. "Alu!" she yelled back. "Kaisi ho tum yaar?" she asked. "Shraddha i'm fine. Tum kaise ho?" I asked back. She replied by saying, "Yaar Alu, I miss you. where have you been? I go to your house almost every day to see you, but you are never home. Alu, I was so worried for you after the riots." I chuckled and said "Sorry Shraddha, I didn't mean to leave without telling you. But yaar, I have big news". 

Shraddha's P.O.V.

Alia called me over. I got dressed in a knee lenght yellow sundress and black heels. When I went outside my house, I was surprised to see a boy standing in my driveway.

"Excuse me?" I asked. He smiled and held out his hand. "Hi, I'm Aksaar" he said. I put my hand in his and said "Shraddha". "I used to go to college with Alia" He said as I nodded indicating for him to continue. "I have been looking for her after the riots, but haven't seen her. I see you go to her house everyday" he said.

I replied to him by saying, "Alia is fine. I'm going to meet her right now. Can I pass a messege?" He shook his head and said, "No. I need to see her. She means a lot to me. She's worth more than just a messege."

"You said she's friend?" I asked. "More than friends" he replied. I gave him a doubtful look and said, "look, if you want to pass a messege, then tell me fast, otherwise, leave".

"okay okay, don't get upset" he said as I crossed my arms across my chest. "Tell her, far or close, visible or invisible, rich or poor, riot or no riot, I'm yours and your mine. I will come get you Alia, a riot can not separate us." he said. I nodded and moved passed him to my car.

Alia's P.O.V

I was sitting in Varun's arms, with my head on his chest when I heard a knock. I sprang up and ran to the door, leaving Varun shocked by my energy. "Shraddhu" I said as I opened the door and saw her.

Varun got up and came to the door while I was hugging Shraddha. "Umm Hi!" Varun said while pulling me out of the hug and towards him. Shraddha's attention finally went yo Varun. "OMG!!! VARUN DHAWAN!!!" she screamed, making me jump. Varun was used to girls yelling for him and showed his cute smirk while Shraddha reacted.

Varun being the good host he is, welcomed Shraddha in as I closed the door and followed them to the living room.

Shraddha suddenly gave me a stern look as she said, "so Alu, mind telling me how you ended up here?". I poked at Varun pleading him with my eyes to tell the story. He fulfilled my wish as he told the story.

"Wow!, lucky you" Shraddha said, as I smiled. "So you are Varun's girlfriend?" she asked confirming. I nodded. Her expression suddenly changed from happy to sad. "What happened Shraddha?" I asked. "Woh Alia" she stammered. I got up and sat next to her. "Tell me" I told her assuring. She then told me that she met Aksaar and he said that he would come for me.

I felt tears in my eyes. Aksaar thought I loved him, but I didn't. It was my fault that I lead him on, I thought. I got up and ran to my room.

***
Keep reading to find out what happens next. What will happen to Aksaar. Will Alia and Varun's relationship last?

***
Next update coming soon.