Chapter 8

Varun's P.O.V

Alia suddenly ran to her room. I got up to follow her until I remembered Shraddha. I turned back to see her stand up and said, "please make yourself comfortable. I will go check on Alia". She smiled at me and then sat down.

When I reached Alia's room, I saw her sitting on the bed with her head in her arms. She softly sniffled as she cried. "Alia," I said. She looked up at me as I walked over and sat on the bed next to her.

"I love you Varun," she said between cries. "I love you too," I said. I put my arm around her, forcing her to look at me, as I said "listen carefully". She nodded. "You can't avoid Aksaar forever. He's your friend and he cares for you. I love you and I don't want to lose you." I said. Alia nodded again.

I continued by saying "When you meet Aksaar again, he will expect you to have feelings for him. You will clearly tell him that you don't have the same feelings, and you have a boyfriend".

She nodded again before leaning her head into my chest. My arms locked around her and I whispered "I love you"

Alia's P.O.V

I didn't realize when I fell asleep in Varun's arms. When I woke up, I asked him about Shraddha. He said "Shraddha left last night. She said that she will call you later".

I went back to my room and got dressed. I chose to wear a cute pair of shorts and a light pink t-shirt.

Once I was ready, I went downstairs for breakfast. I saw Varun sitting at the table. "Good morning Varun," I said as I hugged him from behind. He grabbed my arm and said "Good morning Alia".

I sat down next to him and filled my plate with toast and fruits. As I ate, Varun told me "Alia, Shraddha just texted me that Aksaar will be at school today. Please remember what I said, and don't stress too much". I thought for a moment before nodding.

I didn't feel hungry anymore, so I got up and pulled my backpack over my shoulder. Varun got up as well and walked to the door with me. As we were about to part ways, I said "Varun". He looked up at me. "Can you drop me to college today? I don't want to go alone." I said. He took a step closer to me and grabbed my hand. "Of course Alia", he said as he pulled me in the direction of his car.

He instructed the driver to go to the college first, as he put his arm around me. I felt secure in Varun's arms. I leaned my head on his chest, as I thought what life would be like if Varun and I got married. My name would sound magical connected with his. Alia Dhawan. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realize Varun calling my name

"Alia" he repeated as he shook me. "Yeah," I said as a pulled myself apart from him. "We are here," he said. I looked out the window, surprised to see Aksaar standing by the entrance. I felt my heart beats increase, and my palms went sweaty. 

Aksaar's attention turned directly to me, as I stepped out of the car. I turned and waved to Varun before his car left the school. Aksaar sprinted towards me but stopped a few feet in front of me. I felt relieved but scared at the same time

Aksaar's P.O.V.

I forced myself to stop a few feet in front of Alia. I wanted to hug her and keep her close to me. "Alia, are you okay?" I asked. She looked down at her feet, before nodding. "Alia, I have missed you so much. You have no idea how worried I was." I said. Alia didn't react to anything that I was saying. I felt like something was wrong, but couldn't figure out what.

The bell rang before I could say anything else. "Let's go to class." I finally said as I started walking. She caught up next to me but kept a strange distance. " So, where were you all these days?" I asked. She looked up at me and said, "During the riots, someone rescued me. He let me stay at his house.". I felt jealousy crawl upon me. "He?" I questioned. She nodded. Before I could ask any more questions, the second bell rang and Alia rushed to her class.

Alia's P.O.V.

After class was over, I went to study hall because I knew that Akaar would not find me there. I successfully avoided him throughout the day, but he caught up to me when I was waiting for Varun to come pick me up. I silently stood by the entrance, until Aksaar came up to me and said "Hi". I replied, "Hi Aksaar". He thought for a moment before speaking again. "So Alia, who is this boy that rescued you?". I didn't want to answer him, but Varun's words kept coming back to me. 

"His name is Varun," I said. "Varun" he repeated. I swallowed and said "Varun Dhawan". He stood shocked before nodding at me. "Well, that's nice of Varun," he said. I nodded. "So, when will you be moving back to your house?" he asked. I shook my head this time. "Aksaar, I'm not moving back," I said. He looked at me confused. 

"Varun is my boyfriend" I finally said. Aksaar's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. Suddenly, I heard a car honk at me from behind. I turned around to see that Varun had arrived. "I'm sorry Aksaar, I didn't know the meaning of true love before I met Varun. I was attracted to you, but I don't love you." I said. He didn't react. 

I slowly turned around and walked towards Varun's car. As I got in, I saw Varun smile at me. "All okay?" he asked. I nodded as I crouched next to him and tucked my head under his arm and onto his chest. I felt peaceful. I closed my eyes and thought about my day.

***
Keep reading to find out what happens next. There will be a new twist coming up. 

***
Next update coming soon.

***

Please vote and comment!