Chapter 13

Alia's P.O.V

I woke up from a deep sleep in my room. I felt a sharp pain in my head as I sat up on my bed. Suddenly I remembered what happened. "Varun" I whispered thinking that he was around me. I quickly got up and went outside my room. I saw Ahaana standing by the window. She turned around to face me as soon as she heard me. "Ahaana, where is Varun?" I asked. She took a breath and said, "he is at the hospital, but don't worry, the ambulance is going to drop him home any minute now". I felt a bit relaxed but had an uneasy feeling at the same time. I thanked Ahaana and went back to my room to get ready. I got dressed in black leggings and a light pink knitted off shoulder sweater. 

Just as I finished getting ready, I heard the doorbell ring. I felt my heart beating super fast and I quickly put my long hair into a loose low ponytail. I ran out of my room and down the stairs as fast as I could. I saw two nurses bringing Varun back in the house, in a wheelchair. I slowly observed Varun, as if it was the first time I saw him. He was wearing a simple t-shirt with sweatpants. He calmly sat in the wheelchair while looking around. His head and his right arm were wrapped in multiple bandages. I felt a tear leave the corner of my eye as I walked up to him. 

"Varun" I softly said as I kneeled down in front of him. The two nurses smiled at me and then went to another room to speak to Ahaana about something. "Varun," I said again, which caused him to look up at me. I couldn't hold back any more tears, and I burst out crying. I wrapped my hand around his neck and buried my head in the crook of his neck. I felt him slowly bring his arms around me, and hug me back. I let go of him after a few minutes and looked into his eyes.

Before I could say anything, the two nurses and Ahaana came back into the room. At the same time, David uncle and Karuna aunty rushed into the room. "Oh my god! Varun! What happened to you?" Karuna aunty asked. She kneeled down in front of Varun and put held onto his shoulders as if she was scared to let go. 

David uncle walks over to the other side of the wheelchair and did the same thing as Karun aunty. "Varun, how did you get shot? It's all over the news." David uncle said. Varun stayed silent and turned his gaze down.

Before anyone could say anything else, one of the nurses spoke. "Sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to tell you that Varun needs to rest. Please make sure that he is looked after." one of the nurses said, as they took their belongings and walked out the door. Ahaana followed them and locked the door after they left.

"Uncle, aunty, please have a seat. I will explain everything to you." I said as I gestured them to the family room. They looked at each other, then nodded. Karuna aunty looked at Ahaana and said, "Ahaana, please take Varun upstairs". She nodded and started to do what she was told. Karun aunty then started walking to the family room, and I followed her. We sat down, and I narrated the whole story to them. 

After telling them the story, they both looked very pale. "Aunty, uncle, are you okay?" I asked. They slowly nodded, then looked at each other. I felt very confused. After a minute of silence, David uncle cleared his throat and starting talking. "Alia beti, we are not the people you should be hearing this from, but we want you to know something. The reason why all this happened, is you. 

I was shocked. "Me?" I asked. "Yes, Alia", David uncle replied. 

***
Hey! Hope you are enjoying the book so far!

***
Next update coming soon!🎊🎉