Chapter 12

Hey everyone! I'm extremely sorry for the long break. I'm finally back and will continue the story. Please keep reading, vote and comment your thoughts on my story.

Alia's P.O.V.

I woke up from a deep sleep. I stretched my arms out and yawned. I felt so relaxed until I heard a loud bang from outside my room. I got out of bed and slowly tiptoed to Varun's room. I was surprised to see Varun standing in the middle of the room throwing things. He picked up a glass vase from the side table and smashed it against the wall. I covered my ears and screamed. Varun looked at the door to see me standing there looking shocked. He stared at me for a while before falling to his knees. 

"Alia" he yelled. I was really scared, so I hid behind the door with my head poking out just enough so that he could see me. He closed his eyes while tears slowly came out.

I quickly ran to him and sat down in front of him

I quickly ran to him and sat down in front of him. "Varun," I said. He opened his eyes and wrapped his arms around me without warning. I felt his warm breath on my neck as I snuggled myself closer to him. I felt his grip tighten around me. 

"I'm sorry Alia" he whispered into my ear. "I'm very sorry, that I could not be honest with you. I'm sorry that I am not the Varun you fell in love with" he added. 

"What do you mean Varun?" I asked. He shook his head and said, "I want to tell you the truth, but I don't want to lose you". He slowly got up and backed away from me. "I love you, Alia, I need you, and I want you more than myself," he said. He then turned around and picked up a few glass sculptures and threw them on the ground in between us. He suddenly started to pick up many things around the room and started to throw them. 

Without warning, Varun stepped on the glass that he broke. He started walking towards the wall and continuously banged his head on the wall until he started bleeding. I was too shocked to do anything, but I pushed all my thoughts aside and walked up to "Varun". I stood beside him and watched him slam himself into the furniture, causing deep wounds on his body. 

I was not able to move anymore, no matter how hard I tried. "Varun," I said, but he didn't notice me. Suddenly, there was a bang on the window, and something shot through and landing in the wall right next to me. I saw Varun snap his head back to look at me before he yelled, "Alia" the loudest and angriest I have ever heard him. 

I heard another bang in the window and realized that a bullet was coming towards me. I saw a bunch of unrecognized flashbacks of Varun and me again. I thought I was going to die until I  felt Varun slam into me and jolt up. I couldn't understand what just happened until Varun fell back and landed on the ground. 

I slowly moved my eyes to look down at him. I bent down next to him and put his head on my lap. My hand landed on his chest, but blood soaked through his skin and onto my hand.

"Varun" I screamed as loud as I could. "Someone help" I said as I hugged him. Ahaana, the main house helper ran into Varun's room and screamed as soon as she saw Varun. "Call the ambulance" I yelled at her. She nodded and followed my instructions.

I held Varun closer to me and hugged him tighter. "Varun, I love you so much. I can't live without you." I whispered into his ear, hoping he could hear me.

Varun's P.O.V.

I heard sirens, then footsteps. I tried really hard to open my eyes but couldn't. I felt strong hands lifting me up and putting me on something similar to a bed.

I wasn't feeling any pain until I felt my hand slip out of Alia's. My eyes opened just enough for me to see Alia faint. She reached her hand out to be before falling.

I was reminded of the first time I saw Alia during the riot, when she reached her hand out to Aksaar.

Her real boyfriend Aksaar. I felt guilt wash through me as I thought of what I did. I had ruined their relationship. I destroyed Alia's life and she doesn't even know about it. She is living in a dream where I am her boyfriend and she loves me. I just don't know how to tell her that this dream is actually a nightmare.

Today because of me, Alia could have been hurt, and she still is since I am hurt. I have to fix this before it gets too late.

***
Hey! Hope you are enjoying the book so far!

***
Next update coming soon!🎊🎉