Chapter 9

Varun's P.O.V.

It has now been a few months since I have been dating Alia. These few months have been the best months of my life. I love Alia so much. I still remember the time when Aksaar loved Alia as well. I had felt so jealous and I had feared to lose Alia After Alia admitted to Aksaar she doesn't love him, he stopped talking to her. They both completely avoided each other. I felt bad that Alia lost her friends, and also relieved that Alia was only mine.

Today, I wanted to propose to Alia. I bought a ring and called Alia to meet me at a garden close by my house. I have decorated the garden with balloon and streamers and told security to stand by the gate so no media can get in. I quickly took one last look at myself to make sure that I am looking presentable.

 I quickly took one last look at myself to make sure that I am looking presentable

Alia's P.O.V.

I had just finished getting ready.  I decided to wear a long black gown, with simple backup, and my hair pulled to the side. I added a white clutch to finish my look.

When I reached the garden, two security guards were standing by the gate

When I reached the garden, two security guards were standing by the gate. As soon as they saw me, the opened the gate enough for me to get in, and closed it behind me. I walked further down the path and saw lights light up the whole garden. There were heart-shaped balloons and other decorations all over the garden. I took a few more steps, and sparkles fell on me. I spun under the sparkles with my eyes closed and my arms out. 

I felt a familiar pair of hand land on my waist as I was spinning. I stopped and put my hand on the familiar shoulders. I took a long breath and let it out slowly. The grip on me tightened as I moved closer to the body. I whispered "Varun" as I leaned my head closer to the person in front of me. 

"I love you," the familiar voice said. My eyes slowly opened and Varun's face became visible. I put my palm on his cheek and softly said "I love you too"'. He suddenly let go of me and took a few steps back. He then pulled a box out of his pocket and kneeled down.

He took a breath before saying, "Alia, since you have come into my life, every day has been amazing. Every time I see you smile, or I hear to talk, I feel butterflies in my heart. I fear to let you go, and I can not stand the thought of you being with another man. Not only are you someone I need, but you are someone I wish for. I truly love you and can not think of living my life without you. So will you, Alia Bhatt, make me the happiest man on this Earth and marry me?". I  felt paralyzed. I can't believe that Varun Dhawan was proposing to me. I wanted to say yes and run into his arms, but I couldn't move.