Chapter 10

Alia's P.O.V.

I didn't remember what happened before I woke up. I had a slight headache when I woke up, but before I could do anything about it, Varun burst through the door. "Alia. Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded as I put my hand on my head. "What happened?" I asked. 

Varun narrated the whole story to me. I started to remember the flashback as he told me what I was saying last night. "Alia, I'll get you breakfast," he said. I nodded and gave him a smile. He gently kissed my head before leaving.

Once Varun left, I started thinking about the flashback I got. I couldn't find any connection to the flashback and me. The thing that I didn't understand was that why was I in it? I didn't know any of the people in it, or where I was. I felt so confused. I snapped out of my thoughts as Varun came in. 

"Alia?" he asked. "Hmm," I said. "Will you come for dinner with me tonight?" he asked. He sounded nervous, and I think it was because I didn't reply to his proposal from last night. "Varun, I'm sorry about last night," I said. He shook his head. "It's fine Alia. But can we please redo last night tonight?" He asked. I didn't know what to say. What if Varun proposed to me again? Should I say yes, or no? I don't know why I was so confused. I really loved Varun, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, but I couldn't say it. I simply nodded as I didn't want to disappoint him. "Thank you so much Alia!" he said enthusiastically. I gave him a smile. "Meet me at the entrance at 7:00 pm sharp," he said. "And dress fancy" he added before rushing out of the room.

At 6:00 pm I started to get ready for my dinner with Varun. I decided to wear a short black dress with a triangle pattern and black heel boots. I left my hair down in natural curls and applied a small amount of makeup. I heard my phone beep, as I finished applying the last bit of makeup. Varun texted me a picture of himself. 

(Text Conversation)

Varun: 

Alia: You look amazing Varun!

Varun: I know. I'm gorgeous.

Alia: Oi! Not more gorgeous than me.

Varun: Hot!

Alia: Still think you did better?

Varun: Sorry baba...I don't think I can ever compare myself to you.