thirty one¿

kym walked up the stairs slowly, smiling as she walked into zion's room. on the bed was a pair of sweatpants and one of his sweaters, along with cotton pads, micellar water, and uggs. a piece of paper caught her eye and she picked it up.

i know that you're probably super uncomfortable in your fancy clothes so here's a change. meet me downstairs when you're done, the night isn't over yet! i love you - z

kym smiled before putting the note down and picking up the micellar water and cotton pads, walking to zion's mirror. she quickly took off her makeup and threw away the trash, then walked back to the clothes to change.

after finishing all she had to do, she slipped her phone into her pocket and went back downstairs to find zion in gray sweatpants and his yellow OTW hoodie.

zion looked up from his phone and smiled as his all naturally beautiful girlfriend walked down the steps.

"so, where are we headed at 10pm?" kym asked as they started the drive.

zion absentmindedly intertwined their hands and shrugged. "guess you'll have to wait and see."

a quiet twenty minute drive later, kym's eyes shined as the beach came into view.

"can't we get like, arrested for being here this late?" kym laughed. zion smiled, shaking his head no.

"a friend of mine owns the beach house behind us and is letting us stay here."

kym grinned. "so are we staying in the house?"

zion chuckled. "you think i'm that basic? never that, escobedo."

he opened his door, kym following his lead. she followed him to the trunk of the car, eyes widening in shock as the contents of it came into view.

there were blankets, pillows, food, a bouquet of flowers, and zion's guitar stuffed in the space.

"we," zion started as he pushed the backseats down to make more room. "are spending the night here and then getting up early to watch the sunrise."

kym covered her mouth with her small hands to stop herself from screaming in excitement.

"did char give you the idea? i swear i told her about this like, a week ago." kym asked, placing a blanket down for them both to sit on and climbing in.

"maybe?" zion smiled cheekily, his dark eyes glowing in the moonlight.

he followed kym and flopped down beside her, adjusting the pillows and throwing a blanket over them.

kym smiled as shawn mendes' album began playing, nervous being the one pouring through the speakers.

she turned onto her side and cuddled more into zion, only to find him looking down at her.

"yes, kuwonu?" she grinned up at him.

zion shook his head, looking down to hide the blush on his cheeks. "nothing."

an hour or so passed full of snacking, kissing, and cuddling, when zion spoke up.

"can i sing you a song or is that too cheesy?" he chuckled.

"go ahead." kym smiled, leaning up against the side of the trunk and gazing at the ocean as zion quickly tuned his guitar.

"okay, this is called summer on you. i haven't showed this to the boys yet, so you get an exclusive first look." zion winked before beginning to strum.

"baby, i ain't got no money. all i got is time and, imma spend that time on you. but when they pay me, i can buy the sunshine. take you away, we'll drink champagne while holed up in a room."

kym smiled and pulled the blanket further up to her face to cover the large smile that took over her face.

"darling, i've been working all week. i got so much on my plate. oh it's late and boring. although my boss is an a-hole that's when you call me. said you've been making a plan to hit the road with me. i'll pick you up after eight."

"we'll hit the coast on the late night. make love 'til daylight. i love it when you play with my, hair you know it feels so nice. and i'll do what you like, naked in the moonlight." zion winked as he sang, seeing a blush creep onto kym's cheeks.
(a/n sorry to ruin the moment but i'd pass out if zion winked at me??? or if i even just witness zion winking like-)

"i'm singing hey there, two jobs on minimum wage. although the rent's late, still got a smile on my face. we ain't got the sunshine, but we got hearts in our chest, to feel a love like this. stronger than anyone else."

kym admired how zion seemed to disappear into the lyrics and how beautiful his voice really was.

"oh i will spend my summer on you."

kym clapped eagerly, laughing as zion playfully bowed and hit his head as he came back up.

zion put his guitar back in the case and made grabby hands at kym, causing her to quickly scoot closer to him and go back into their cuddling position.

"baby?" zion said after a few minutes of silence.

"yeah?" kym responded as they both continued to look out at the view in front of them.

"i love you. with my whole ass heart."

kym smiled and turned to look at him. her hand raised and cupped his cheek, turning his face towards her and pressing a firm kiss on his lips.

"i love you. with my whole ass heart."

-
word count: 905 words
published: may 30, 2018
-
sorry for ghosting on y'all, we honestly just couldn't find motivation to write this chapter for some reason! we did work on a new book that'll be out soon though so..

stay tuned🤪