Josuke (Part 2)

"Hey...(Your name)...Want more?" Said the lady across the tiny table.

"Oh maybe a little more Ms. Higashikata"

"Ohh I've already told you to call me Tomoko" said the lady reaching for your plate and serving you more (favourite breakfast).

You spotted Josuke looking at you kinda pissed off by the kind bienvenue that you had when you just knocked on his door.

You asked Tomoko if Josuke was at home and she immediately assumed you were a friend of his. She was so nice you just could not reject her hospitality...and her breakfast.

It was kinda yummy and she was really curious about you being an exchange student. Everything seemed nice..until Josuke entered the kitchen...then it was akward.

His expression was priceless.
Even tho he seemed surprised and suspicious...he just said Hello and sit in the chair in front of you with a doubtful and hostile expression.

How funny...and how akward this is...you started thinking you should have gone to Okuyasu's.

"So you are from (your home city/town) Huh? That is just amazing! Josuke we should go there someday!" She said turning back to her son.

Josuke have you a hostile look.

"Yeah...a charming place...it's got its perks I must admit..."

Josuke kept drinking his juice never stopping looking at you for a second.
You glanced over his direction and your sight crossed. You looked away almost immediately.

You were about to put some more food in your mouth but it was just then when you started to recall your actions.

Why did you ask for more food like if you were authentically a friend of his?

Why the fuck didn't you just threw the baseball at him and ran away?

It was not like you would had done it in such a dramatic way. But you wondered...How it was that you got this "friends" lie go that far?

You went back to eat. You didn't want to be rude to Josukes mom and the truth was...it was delicious.

However, you were worried about how you were going to get out of this one. Would he still be mad at you?

Judging by how he looked at you it seemed like he was. However, if a complete stranger, that you recently had an hostile encounter with, suddently appeared on the kitchen having your mom's breakfast you also would be suspicious about that person.

Anyhow. You were determined about apologizing and getting out of that place as soon as possible.

You finished your plate quick and tried to find the words to tell him what you meant in the most proper and discrete way considering his mom was there.

"You already finished?"

"Yeah...thank you...it was delitious"

"Im glad you liked it (Your name)...Now give me that so I can finish my job here and go out at the same time with you boys."

What? Go out?

"Tell me...have you met the hot spots of Morioh?"

Ms. Higashikata started washing the dishes giving us her back as she asked in a playful voice.

Josuke almost choked with juice and started coughing...you didn't like where this was going.

"Well..."

You looked at him, he keeped coughing, you were nervous about being rude or making this even more akward than it is.

"I arrived Morioh just a week ago and .....Ive only been to a few places to compensate for the sleep derivation and the stress carried from months ago..."

He seemed to relax a bit. Rejecting his mother offer seemed to calm him down.

"...so I dont know if there is anywhere interesting to visit...."

"Then it is fortunate that you had met Josuke! He shall be the perfect guide"

Shit. This got too far! You and Josuke exchanged a worried expression across the table.

Silence fell for a second as Tomoko singed cheerly completely ignoring both of you.

Josuke was about to say something when you interrupted...

"You are most kind Ms. Higashikata...but... "

She slowly turned around to see you in  disapproval.

"Um.....Tomoko. .."

She smiled and turned around to continue washing the dishes.

"...but I already got plans for today and..."

You reached a hand to your (bag/backpack/pocket) .

"... I just dropped by to give something back to Josuke..."

As you were finishing that line and drawing your hand back Josuke inmediatly acquired back the hostile expression he had before as if he was waiting for something to happen.

You decided to ignore it as you were holding out the baseball to him.

"Hey. Haven't you been looking for that one in Okuyasuu's house? You should be more careful" Tomoko had turned around to see what you were holding.

Josuke looked at you biting his lip. He did not move but he relaxed immediately.

A moment of silence fell, he seemed oddly shocked by the fact you just went there to give him his baseball back. You felt enbarrased for not having an answer so you put the baseball in the middle of the table, you were looking at him and so was he.

"Well....what are you waiting for? Thank your friend already!" Said Tomoko with her hands on her waist.

"Y-yeah...shure" said Josuke shaking his head.

Tomoko sighed loudly and turned back around to keep washing the dishes.

Josuke reached out to hold the baseball, and it was just then when you took the chance: you reached out to his hand and caught him by surprise to pull him closer to you

...but before you could whisper any word into his ear he wispered into yours: "Meet me at the backyard at dawn".

The invitation totally caught you by surprise,  you just nodded with your head. After that you didn't even have time to look at him in surprise when he was back at his seat and you just stood there still over the table.

Your panic was evident to Josuke as you flushed and got back to your seat trembling. You were completely numb as you looked into his eyes trying to figure that invitation out.