Chapter 5 - The Vengeance of The Past

"Crack!"

A sound of cracking ice.

Then the brothers looked up underground and saw the cracking ice starting on the hole where Ronrick fell.

The huge pile of ice that covered the whole frozen city cracked and fell down.

"Cover!!!" Fredrick, the eldest prince, said.

But the moans weren't stopping.

"Hooooooohhhh!!!!" Horrifying moans of the frozen people.

"Woah!" Ronrick stood up, amazed. "This is a frozen city!" Kadrick said pantingly.

They followed the frozen city's streets while enduring the strong, horrifying moans.

"Aaaaaahhhh! It's irritating my ears!" Kadrick said madly.

Until they reached the frozen coast and walked across the frozen narrow sea, and then they reached the forest.

"The sound!" Ronrick said, frightened. "I can still hear it!"

"We'd better run! I still hear it too!" Fredrick said, frightened.

They ran and passed by the Pines Forest, but they could still hear the moans.

Kadrick stopped and caught his breath because of the long run, while they were in the frozen lake.

"Wait!"

His brothers looked at him.

"The sound! It's not ending! It's so loud! We can still hear it!" Kadrick said pantingly while leaning his hands on his knees.

They reached Castle Pines and shouted through their gate.

"Open the gate!!!" the eldest prince, Fredrick, shouted.

"Hornk! Hornk!! Hornk!!!" Sound of the horn.

"Grandfather!!!" The brothers ran to their grandfather, the father of the King of Pines, Sir Hurthon Pines.

Their grandfather sat on his couch while staring at the window with his nearly blind eyes.

"Fred, Kad, and Ron! You've gone too far!" their grandfather said humbly.

"Grandfather! We've been to a frozen city with its horrifying people!" Ronrick said.

"The time has come," Sir Hurthon said sweetly as he looked at the brothers.

At that time...

Rhyndelle, the woman with the polar bear who had brought Wun to the Bridge City of Dorona, was riding her bear into the Pines Forest when she heard the horrifying moans.

"Someone has been here!" the woman named Rhyndelle said.

Then she came to the frozen, unknown city and raised her left closed hand.

The frozen people clamored and stopped moaning.

She opened her left hand.

The sea beside the frozen city waved into the city, and the water became frozen.

Now the frozen city was covered again in ice.

But a person on the Cold Island (the farthest island of Thorns) saw the great and high wave that became ice.

"Woah! The Frozen Queen is still alive!" a Maester said with his old voice while standing by the shore of the Cold Island.

Indeed, the army of King Barton Vale had their camps beside the Black Bridge (the bridge that connects Thorns to Nix).