Ch.11

As usual my mate shooed me off to get ready while he made all the plans knowing it would take longer for me than him, especially as I began to realize there was going to be no hiding my stomach in a lot of my clothing. The shape of the bump was undeniable at this point, the rounded curve that only came with pregnancy and for a moment I considered not trying to hide it. Roman was right, I did fear the chance of my mother finding out every time I brought it up to someone new and that wasn't right. A woman was not supposed to be afraid during her pregnancy, it was a happy time in life and it was stressing my mate out. In the end I picked an off the shoulder flowy dress that brushed my knees, and I made sure to opt out of heels, I could only imagine Roman's face if I walked down the stairs in those things. He hated when I wore them as it was and I could see the appreciation in his eyes as he took in my look for the night from head to toe and found the flats. We would tell the others when we were ready and in agreement, and I wouldn't fear telling people any further, I believed in Roman, and Daven and the rest of the pack warriors. They would protect the pack with their lives which would include me and my children, and I knew myself well enough to know that even if my mother did show her face with any kind of intent I would tear her to shreds myself. My wolf would never stand for a threat against our child. 

Roman said the others had easily agreed, Johnny and Adrian had met us at the house while Daven and Robin had told us they would meet us at the club. The drive had been surprisingly nice the five of us had piled into Romans truck and at first it had been quiet until Johnny finally broke the silence. He had settled himself between Adrian and Vika with a possessive arm wrapped around the smaller man's shoulders, but I quickly noticed that while Adrian had a mark on his neck Johnny didn't have one on his. At first, I had been confused and concerned, but a reassuring smile from Adrian had told me everything was fine. Vika and Adrian told stories of their travels, which triggered Roman and Johnny to do the same and eventually Adrian and Roman trailed off into their own conversation. It warmed me to watch the two of them together, and I hoped with things going well between them all he would make the decision to stay permanently. He had said that he wanted to settle down and think about his future but with all the changes in his life what if he changed his mind?

When we arrived Roman let the four of us out at the front before going to park the truck and I led the others right to the front of the line flashing Peter the bouncer a smile. "Evening Mrs. Odonis are you alone tonight?" He asked frowning as he studied the others behind me.

"Mr. Odonis is parking, he will be along shortly, warn the others yeah?"

He chuckled but nodded. "Of course." He said as he opened the door for us letting us through to the crowded club. The bass of the music vibrated beneath our feet, the heat from the crowd was thick in the air even against the commercial air conditioners, a space this large with this many people it would never be easy to keep it cool. I lead the others towards the back of the building to VIP section that Roman had had set up when we had begun frequenting the club, whether it be just the two of us or when he had business partners that requested to come to the club he liked to have a place away from the general crowd. There was a bouncer stationed outside of the VIP section as well, a big, bald man who didn't like to have conversation of any kind that was there every time I came here and I had a feeling that was intentional. Anyone who frequented the club knew to stay away unless invited.

"I'm going to get a drink." Johnny grumbled as the rest of us slid into the wide, rounded leather booth that was surprisingly comfortable and he looked to Adrian first. "Would you like anything love?"

"Whatever you're having."

"Ladies?" Johnny asked.

"Vodka cranberry, thank you." Vika said and Johnny nodded before turning to me.