Go see the world and come back to me, May 2018

A few years ago, his blog title says: "Go see the world and come back to me." It's never meant for me, but that saying stuck with me. I repeated that statement to her and it stuck with her too.

I recently wrote a blog post about all the places people should visit in Taipei, and I had to go through all my old photos from I first landed. It made me reminisce and all that, especially since I said good bye to Taipei 2 years ago.

I moved out of my parent's house and country when I was 22 years old, and I never moved back. I just moved to another country, and then another country.

I do visit, and I was back home for a month before I moved to Australia. But as you may have read, I strived to be invisible while I was there.

I did meet him, but he was already married, and we had dinner with his wife. I told them about my plan to move to Australia. He told me about the cross that he had to bear, his family business that doesn't allow him to  spontaneously leave when he wants to. But I think he is happy in his own way.

While she, for a while, we were in the same continent. But I move to a new one, while she continued living her dream. She also have someone new that she is staying for.

I'm also taking an online well-being class, and one of the things that makes us happy is social connections. It talked about the opposite of loneliness, the circle of our friends and family, and how losing it can be frightening.

The thing is, I was never frightened by that. I have moved to 2 countries all by myself now. I don't think it made me unhappy. I think it let me learn things about myself that I wouldn't have in the comforts of my circle. It gave me an opportunity to try different things, which turned out to be harder than I thought.

I'm alone but I'm not lonely. Even though I don't have anyone waiting for me. And I don't want to have anyone.

I don't want to be attached to anyone or anything. I want to remain free to fly when I want to. I know who I was, but I want to find out who else can I be. If that means that I need to sacrifice that familiarity, that comfort, then so be it.

I don't want someone who will follow me either. Because we all have our own dreams, evn if it leads us to different paths, we are obligated to follow it.

Not having someone to go back to also means that I should keep moving onward, and that's not such a bad thing.