The Impostor

[Written by lilmissbeaniechild]

"If your future self doesn't come back to stop you doing it, how bad can it be?" Quote from AJ's bio that Jackie thought was cool.

JJ was already up by the time it was 05:30. She'd planned on waking everyone up at 06:00, but she still had other things to accomplish before she wanted everyone awake. She liked the peace and quiet more than she valued sleep, and she knew that their house could get pretty chaotic when at least two people were up. Now try and imagine everyone awake.

She sat quietly on the couch writing in a small notebook, keeping an eye on the long hallway where the rooms where. She wanted to make sure that she could see who came out of the rooms. She liked the other roommates just fine, but after living there for about a week, she found out that only early in the morning was when she could find peace and quiet.

As she sat on the couch, JJ listened to some music through her earbuds, trying to tack down her exact mood. She wasn't upset, tired, angry, or even happy. She was just there. But even though they lived in a house together, it wasn't as if they chose it; it was a reality show. There were cameras practically everywhere, the only places that didn't have one were the bathrooms (hey, there were a lot of people living there, two bathrooms was a must) and the bedrooms. Each person had a camera so they could record their innermost thoughts about whatever they wanted (like another reality show except without the dangerous challenges)

The only dangerous challenge was living together. It wasn't like they all hated each other, it just took some time to get used to. JJ found them to be an interesting group, and she genuinely liked them all. Jackie was a funny person to talk to, Jarrah and AJ shared beautiful music with her, Sketcher was a very talented artist, and Echo liked the same band as JJ did; Plants with Pants.

Everyone had their own schedules to when they'd eat, get up, go to bed, and shower. That's why JJ was happy that there were two bathrooms in the entire establishment. Besides, what was so amusing about a group of teenagers living together? There were things they all had to get used to, like Jarrah's guitar shredding at 03:00, and Sketcher's art supplies all over the place. But JJ knew that people had to get used to her too.

She dressed in all black, and only sometimes did she add black makeup when she planned on going out somewhere. When she was all did-up, the black makeup made her face look paler than it actually was, her hair was often kept down instead of a ponytail, and despite the heat, she wore heavy, black clothing. One time, she nearly scared the life out of their entire group after a scary movie.

The group was watching your regular ghost-haunting movie but it was scarier than the rest. After the movie had ended, everyone was pretty shaken, except for JJ because she'd been watching horror films for her entire life, so they all slept in the living room. Sketcher had not wanted to watch and instead tuned out the screams with music. Jackie had woken up around 03:33 because she was hungry, when she heard a noise coming from the kitchen. She woke up everyone else and told them about what she heard. Needless to say, they were all pretty scared about everything, so AJ grabbed a frying pan to protect themselves.

When the group charged into the kitchen to confront the attacker, they screamed because they thought they saw a ghost. Of course, it wasn't a ghost, it was only JJ trying to find something to eat because she hadn't eaten anything the night prior. Luckily, she was able to convince them it was her before AJ could whack her with the frying pan upside the head. They all laughed about the matter after that happened. (Hm, maybe that's why it would be funny as a reality show).

Today, however, was an exception. JJ had forgotten to do laundry like she planned on doing the day before and was forced to wear an outfit that consisted of the following; light-blue jeans, a yellow top, and to top it off, she had her hair in braids. To her, it wasn't a big deal, but it was going to be a rough day.

While JJ was busy writing anything that came to her mind, she didn't hear one of the doors open. Jarrah walked out of the room, yawned, and went into the living room. Her eyes went wide when she saw JJ, but of course, she didn't think it was her.

"THERE IS AN IMPOSTOR IN OUR MIDST!" She yelled. "WHO ARE YOU?!"

"Jarrah!" JJ covered her ears. "you're going to wake everyone up!"

"HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!" Jarrah snatched a couch cushion from the couch and held it as a shield. "ARE YOU SOME CRAZY FAN THAT HAS BEEN TRACKING US DOWN!?"

"It's me!" JJ protested. "Trust me!"

"GUYS!" She yelled.

Soon, everyone was up and yawning. "What the f--"

"NOT IN MY CHRISTIAN MINECRAFT SERVER, AJ!" Jackie yelled.

"It's only 05:45." Echo yawned. "Why do we have to be up so early?"

"Because this impostor is trying to pretend to be one of us!" Jarrah explained like you'd tell someone you were going to the dentist. "And JJ's missing!"

"Guys, I'm right here." JJ sighed. "I just haven't gotten around to doing my laundry."

"How do we know it's really her?" Jarrah asked.

Sketcher suspiciously narrowed her eyes at JJ. "Prove it."

"I didn't want to have to do this, but here I go." JJ sighed and stood up. "I'm afraid of the Monsters Inc theme song."

After a brief period of silence, AJ piped up with, "yeah, that's her."

For the rest of the day, whilst JJ was doing her laundry, everyone kept humming the Monsters Inc theme song.

It went without saying that JJ was annoyed.