Roommates

[Written by echogem ]
[episode 1/2]

You would think it would be strange and ill-at-ease for a group of teenagers to live in a mansion absent from the comforts of their own home and with a whole bunch of misfits, though that wasn't the case for the House of Discord.

Each individual had settled in rather quickly, treating the place as though their second home. Despite all of the rooms being already furnished, everyone had their own style that made their room unique; some had the trending boy band 'Plants with Pants' posters mounted upon their wall, some had art supplies scattered all throughout their room, meanwhile others simply enjoyed keeping their room tidy and symmetrical.

Each room had displayed their owner's personality wondrously, and it was probably the most favorited thing by the Discord Household. No adults were there to nag them about how their belongings should be kept, and all the teens there had respected each other's way of living—after all, if it didn't invade their privacy, it didn't bother them.

Alas, that all changed within a blink of an eye.

Summer break had dawned upon the Discord Household, and the crew members had thought it was a brilliant idea to ship the bundle of awkward teens to a vacation home among the mountains. It initially didn't sound like such a bad idea—in fact, the teenagers thought of it as the perfect getaway to gather some inspiration for writing—but that all changed for the worse once they had stepped foot inside the modern home and learned the unfortunate news.

"There's only three rooms?!" shouted JJ, her mouth agape in shock.

"Why in the world would they book six people only three rooms?!" Jackie complained, emphasizing the word 'six'.

"Yup, I'm leaving." Sketcher had picked up her suitcases full of mainly art supplies and turned her heel towards the exit. Though before the artist could take her leave, Echo had casually snatched the girl's collar and stopped her march. "Ohohoho, you're not escaping this mess so easily."

She grumbled. "But there's not enough room for us, and I got a shit load of art supplies loaded in this thing!" She patted her suitcase, the locks easily coming undone and releasing all contents that hid inside.

Everyone went silent.

"She's got a point," spoke AJ, "and I'm not just talking about the pencils all over the floor."

Jarrah stifled a chuckle, awkwardly coughing afterwards to cover it up. "Y-yeah! Where am I supposed to hang all of my three hundred and eighteen Mr. G pictures?"

"It looks like we'll have to fight for the rooms." JJ punched her fist, ready to knock the daylights out of her friends. Everyone took a step back in fear from the goth, before Echo had quickly interfered and stood in front of her.

"Or," she pointed a finger with a suggestive smile, "we can try to be civil and share the rooms with each other."

Everyone shared a glance with each other, similar thoughts crossing their minds at the brunette's suggestion. "So, like roommates?" Jarrah innocently said, tilting her head slightly.

"Yeah, roommates."

"I call AJ!" Jarrah shook the freckled boy's arm vigorously, causing him to shriek in the most British way possible. "He's my husband, after all."