Wattcord

[Written by starjack-, meme by echogem]

The Discord Household didn't often receive visitors, but when it did, it was utter chaos. The teens rushed from room to room hastily attempting to tidy up. "Sketcher!" Jarrah shouted. "Clean your room already! They're almost here!"

"It's not like they're coming into my room!" She whined, nonetheless shoving loose art supplies under her bed. The girl grumped down the stairs to see an interesting situation play itself out.

Jackie held a thin rectangular slice of fried potato, exasperatedly looking at the British boy across the table. "Okay, AJ, what do you call this?"

"A chip."

"No, it's a French fry! This is a chip!" She held out a much thinner and circular slice of fried potato.

He frowned, furrowing his brows. "That's a crisp."

"Where are you getting crisp from?!" The frustrated teen ran a hand through her hair. "This is a chip and French fry."

He scowled. "It's not even French. You're holding a chip and a crisp."

Jackie facepalmed with her free hand. "Brits."

"Americans," AJ muttered with contempt, refusing to look at her.

Echo wandered into the kitchen and plucked both food items from Jackie's hand, popping them into her mouth. She pondered for a moment. "The chip's pretty good."

Before the two could argue over which chip Echo meant, the doorbell rang sharply, leaving no room for further discussion. "They're here!" JJ scrambled to the door, opening it with a rare smile. "Discord! I'm so glad you could make it!"

They smiled, their multicolored eyes gleaming. Being the personification of a website, their appearance changed often, but today they seemed to be reverting to their usual body, a short and stocky girl in her early twenties with an electric blue fohawk. They fidgeted with the seam on their dark tee, decorated with a subtle symbol of a controller with eyes. "Of course I made it! I'd never pass up a chance to see my favorite people!"

Echo let out a chuckle. "I bet you say that to all your users."

Discord put a finger to their lips, their bright color matching their hair. "Only the ones I like."

"These users will totally take you in Mario Kart!" AJ called, emerging from the kitchen with Jackie and Sketcher in tow.

"You mean you users will totally get destroyed in Mario Kart," they corrected, adjusting their black baseball cap.

"It's on, pal!" Jackie cried, dangling four Wii controllers over her head. AJ, JJ, and Discord grabbed one and headed for the living room to get in the zone. Discord, JJ, Echo and Sketcher took up all the room on the couch, leaving Jackie to sit cross-legged on the armrest while Sketcher and Jarrah took spots on the floor and leaned against the edge.