Mystique

3 months later

Kurt and I were sitting in the kitchen talking.

"So Logan is your biological father ja?" Kurt asked. "Yes." I said taking a sip of my coffee. "What about your mother?" he asked me. I put my mug down and sighed. I looked up at him. "My mom was killed when I was 5." I said quietly.

We both sat in silence for a while. "I am sorry." he said placing his big hand over my small one. "It is ok. So um is the woman I met in Germany your bio mom?" I asked changing the subject.

"No I do not know my mozher." he said. "So she is your step mother?" I asked. "Ja, my step mother found me floating in the river." he said. I looked at him. "Are you kidding?" I asked him.

"I vish I vas." he said. I shook my head. "How could someone there new born baby adrift on a river?" I asked astonished. "That is vhat I ask myself sometimes." Kurt said taking a sip of his coffee.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while until we heard the professor in our heads.

"All X-Men to the blackbird there is a emergency in the woods!" he said.

Kurt and I looked at each other and nodded. We got up and went to our rooms to change.

We all went into the hanger and got on the blackbird. All of us were here.

Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus, Rouge, Professor, Nightcrawler and I.

"So what is going on professor?" Cyclops asked.

"Magneto is tracking a young mutant in the woods. She is only 8 years old." Professor said.

We all looked at each other.

"Why does Magneto want her?" I asked.

"I do not know." he said turning around to fly the jet. I got uneasy in my seat. Kurt put his hand on my thigh. I looked up at him.

He did not have to say anything. Just by the look in his eyes I knew he was saying.....

"Everything is gonna be ok."

I smiled up at Kurt and nodded my head.

A few minutes later we landed in the woods. We all got out and searched for the girl. The professor could not find her which was odd.

I was looking around when I saw a lil girl. She was curled up on the ground crying. I walked up to her and got on my knees.

"Hello." I said softly.

The girl looked up at me.

"Hi...." she said softly.

"I am gonna take you some where safe ok." I said with a soft smile.

The girl looked at me and nodded.

I got up and walked away from the girl.

I contacted the professor.

"Professor I found her!" I said in my head.

"Ok stay right there we are coming." he said back to me.

"Don't worry everything is going to be ok." I said turning around to the girl.

I was shocked when I turned around and instead of the girl I saw Mystique!

"Surprised?" she said running towards me. I got ready to fight. She came at me with everything she had. I fought back and I pinned her against a tree.

"What are you and Magneto planning!?" I asked holding a water dagger to her neck.

"Wouldn't you like to know." she said kicking me in the knee. I screamed and hit the ground. She smiled down at me. She grabbed me by my neck and threw me into a tree.

I hit the ground hard and held my injured knee. She was gonna hit me again when Kurt teleported and kicked Mystique in the face. She flew into a near by tree.

Kurt rushed to my side.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"No I ... I can't move my leg." I said. Kurt started to check my knee. I looked up and Mystique was staring at us. Not us exactly me but...

Kurt

She looked terrified. It looked like she was about to cry. I looked at Kurt who was still checking my knee and then I looked back at Mystique.

OMG!

My eyes went wide as I realized who Mystique really was................

Mystique was Kurt's mother!

Mystique looked at me and I gave her a very evil stare.

She blinked and a tear rolled down her face. She turned into a bird and flew away. Kurt looked up and saw that she was gone.

"Kayla... who was zhat?" he asked me. I looked up at him. "She is a very, very evil woman." I said as Kurt helped me to my feet.

Meanwhile a few miles away

Mystique walked over to Magneto.

"What happened?" he asked.

"There is a problem." she said.

"What problem?" he asked.

"She has someone that will protect her no matter what." she said on the verge of tears.

"Who is this someone?" he asked walking closer to Mystique. She looked up at him tears rolling down her face.

"My son."