[27_helpless]

The digital numbers read 10:03.

Mingyu panicked. Even though he didn't want anyone to get hurt because of him, he secretly prayed for his 'admirer' to appear now and save him.

He could hear a commotion going on outside, and hoped he would be found. He hoped it were people from the government coming to get him.

He heard footsteps getting closer and closer to the door that he wished so hard would open with a familiar face in the doorway.

But nothing happened.

Instead, a cold hand on his own made mingyu jump.

He turned around, only to see a mass of long brown hair behind his chair that was strangely familiar.

The person had her head down, and was loosening his bonds, adjusting the thick plastic that secured his wrists together.

Mingyu's eyes widened.

"W-who are y-you ?"

"Kim Yerim."

"Y-yeri ??"

"Yes. Now cut that crap. That boyfriend of yours is a huge dumbass and is really asking for you both to get killed," yeri ranted as she stood up after mingyu's bonds were loosened, "i have to do this without telling him because he doesn't fucking believe me."

"W-wait what ? What are you doing ??"

Yeri rolled her eyes as she squatted down in front of mingyu, "Saving your precious ass cause your boyfriend is a dense shithead." yeri replied as she proceeded to loosen the bonds on his ankles.

Mingyu was frozen in shock. Did she really ?

"But why ? Why do you want to do this ?"

"What i want is none of your business." yeri stood up, changing the subject, "You can now remove the bonds but if inferno comes in, pretend that you're still tied up. I don't want my efforts go to waste."

Mingyu could only nod. Unbelievable as it was, mingyu didn't really have a choice. Yeri was his only hope of escaping alive.

"Then, if your boyfriend comes in as well, don't try to talk to him. It will only distract him and get you both killed. I can explain when we get out of here."

"We ?" mingyu was confused.

"I'm leaving as well, when this shit is finally over." yeri's voice slowly fading away as she headed to the back of the room.

She left through a near-invisible back door that mingyu didn't know was even thereㅡ probably how she entered the room without him noticing at all.

The red numerals now read 5:14. (a/n: im monsta x trash)

Even though yeri had helped him loosen his bonds, it meant that to stop the bomb, he was on his own now.

There was someone outside the door. For real. Mingyu could hear the doorknob turn. Very slowly.

And when it finally opened, mingyu wanted to just... die.

It was wonwoo.

Mingyu closed his eyes, praying that he was hallucinating everything.

Please... not you, wonwoo... it can't be you.

I can't lose you.

Then it occurred to mingyu that he was free to move. It wasn't much, but one extra person to help could still make the differnce between life and death.