1: I See You

Hey. Just would like to start this out saying I won't update this very often, most likely, but I have a few written already, so if you liked this one please vote/comment to let me know and I'll update again! Thanks for clicking, hope you choose to read on. ♡
(December 29, 2018)
~*~

Tap, tap, tap

My shoes rap against the floor, increasing in speed the longer I stare at my watch.

Tap,tap,tap

Taptaptap

The door's bell chimes and the cold air flows through the room. I turn around to see you standing in the doorway. Your breath fogs in the air as you step in from the frosty winter weather. The door slams and you make your way toward me. You slip your gloves off and I stand up to greet you.

"I'm here, my love," You whisper in my ear.

I wrap my arms around you, feeling the chill that clings to your clothing. You relish my warmth, holding me tight. You kiss my cheek, making a "mwah" sound, on purpose since you know I love it. It makes me giggle, and you grab my waist and tug me towards the counter.

You order a black coffee, wanting to add your own flavorings. For me you order a peppermint mocha. You didn't even have to ask. You just knew.

The cashier smiles sadly at the delight of us, a young couple, telling us a fondly remembered story of her high school sweetheart. I ask why she is sad, and she just shakes her head, sliding our drinks across the counter as she takes the bills from your hand.

You pull my chair out at our table, helping me in. And, you don't know how nice that is, but I do. I check my watch, already knowing what day it was, but I wanted to check. Wednesday. I may have done that on purpose, but you neglected to understand the significance. I didn't care. All that matters is now.

I show you the book I found waiting for you to arrive. A romance novel, of course. What else should you have expected of me? The coffee shop I chose for our date had a bookstore in the back, which I loved and you thought was cute.

The wide eyed grins you gave listening to me describe the book and laughing at me made me wonder if this moment could last forever. If we could last forever. The light in your eyes lights up my world and distracts us both from the darkness in our lives. These moments we needed desperately to help us through life.

I set the book down, shaking my head at your silliness. I reach my hands across the table, grasping yours. Our hands slide together perfectly like two halves of a whole. You even said so yourself that we are two shattered hearts that fit together to make a whole- I agreed but I also thought of how you not only completed me, but have showed me parts of myself I'd never seen before.

Turns out I've needed you more than I ever thought I would.

I just hope you need me too.

~*~