2: I Want You

No one commented or anything but I should've expected it. Here's another whether you guys asked for it or not. Enjoy ♡
(Jan 7, 2019)

~*~

I round the corner, chatting with my friend about god-knows-what at this point. I meet your eyes, your muddy forest eyes I've loved all these years. Even back then, 7th grade me knew what was up when I met you in gym class.

I waited for you until you finally wanted me in 8th grade, but I lost you that summer. Years have passed since then, and I dreamed of getting you back. Now, I have. How I did I still don't understand, but I thank the gods constantly that I did.

And now, my best friend tugs at your jacket, arguing about some petty thing you said to her during class. The sound of students laughing and chattering fills the halls as I find your hand with mine.

You look down at me, your mouth slightly curved at the edges. I say something about my English class, while you nod and listen. You always listen to me.

It's raining outside, so when we get to the doors you pull our your umbrella and wrap your arm around my shoulders and pull me close.

We step in sync as we walk my bestie to her bus. She laughs, teasing us about how we don't measure up to her relationship. I smile and shake my head, knowing that though I want some of what they have, what we have right now is perfect enough for me. Even being able to talk to you again, hug you, hold you, is enough for me.

We round the corner of the building, standing in a trio under the ledge to avoid the rain. Her boyfriend shows up, pulling her into a soft kiss. They begin to talk about their day. You let go of my hand so I can take off my bag, and you do too. You set your umbrella down and grab my hand again, letting me pull you closer.

Suddenly, you surprise me. You slide your hand from mine and around my waist, curling the other one around my cheek. You lean down, letting our noses touch.

"This okay?"

I answer you by meeting your lips with my lips. A perfect first kiss.

The softness quickly turns into something else as you roughly push me against the brick wall. I feel my head knock back, but I am uninjured as I continue to let your hands and lips talk for you.

Your body is pressed against mine, a feeling I never truly felt until now. Our curves fit like matching puzzle pieces, locked together in all the right places. Your hands around my waist and stroking my face and neck, my hands in the same on you.

Both fully aware the world around us was spinning, moving on without us; both fully aware that as long as the world spun, we would be together.

~*~