12: You and Me and Our Future

(November 4, 2019)
-
Tbh idk why I didn't upload this until now (May 6 2020 lmao) but uh here u go sorry for the wait and whatnot hehe

****

Us.

What a mystical, magical thought.

I have many thoughts when I think of us, some innocent, some not so.

Mostly I worry about the future. I have many wishes for the future.

You, me, a couple cats... sounds perfect, doesn't it?

Yeah. I agree.

Anyways, imagine this:

I'm sitting on a bench by a large window overlooking the city. Large trees frame the window, for our house sits atop a marvelous hill above the bustling infrastructure.

I'm holding a book and bobbing my head to whatever music I have playing through the speaker on the floor next to me.

The sunlight filters through the window, hitting my hair, turning it a golden brown.

You step closer, and I turn my head, my face lighting up at the sight of you.

I lay my book down as you come towards me, and I hold my arms out for you.

You throw your arms around my shoulders, and I wind mine around your waist. My face is buried in your chest, yours in my fluffy hair.

Then we both pull our faces away, and we lean our heads together to touch foreheads.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." You smile back.

I kiss you, suddenly, and you make a surprised squealing noise before kissing me back.

Suddenly, a loud chirp from our feet brings us back to the small house and away of the realms of just us.

A small black cat, our cat, stands next to us, curling its tail and looking at us expectantly.

We meet eyes and both erupt into laughter. We break apart, but one of each of our hands stays intertwined in the other girl's, as we both pet our little baby.

What a wonderful image, huh? These are the things I think of for our future. I so desperately want this to work out, for I love you. You're my girl and I want it to always be this way.