10: You And Me

(September 29, 2019)

**

Us. What a beautiful thought.

Just a few months ago, I was The New Girl at work. You helped train me, and we instantly clicked. And soon this new friendship turned into texting every day which turned into something more.

It was a late night, I was texting you and my friend in a group chat about a story idea I had. I had mentioned to my friend a week earlier that I had a crush on you, and she told me to go for it.

I was not keen.

Not because I didn't want it to happen, I just didn't want to screw up what we already had, even if it wasn't quite what I wanted it to be.

So my friend and I led the conversation about the story in a way that could get you to admit your feelings, and the time came for the question:

Are you gay?

I found out you were bi with a preference for girls, and my heart jumped in my chest.

My friend texted me, "IF YOU DON'T TELL HER RIGHT NOW, I WILL!!!"

So I reluctantly typed out a message asking if you liked me. I debated it, with my finger over the 'send' button as my friend spammed me asking if I'd done it yet. I thought, "fuck it", and clicked 'send'.

I regretted it instantly.

But I soon realized that it was one of the best decisions I'd ever made. You liked me back enough to give it a shot, and you soon warmed up to me and we realized just how much we liked each other.

Soon it was stolen looks at work, brushes of hands, quiet giggles, inside jokes, and the light, giddy rush of young love.

Once school started and we saw each other at work less, we had our Sundays. Always every Sunday. Every Sunday, we hung out at various places: painting in the park or your bedroom, walking around at the mall, ice cream dates, coffee dates, and sleepovers.

It is always pure bliss. No matter what we do, I always have fun with you.