3: I Feel You

Again, no one asked for this but here it is anyway ♡
(Jan 26, 2019)

~*~

When I knew you were coming over to my house for the first time, my brain seemed to stop working. All these years and you still never came. I saw your house Halloween night, but not much of it. But now, here we were at my house, and you would be spending hours here.

I did think it through. A lot. And though I knew my sisters and our friend would be there, I had wished they wouldn't be. But now that you're here, I'm kind of glad they are here. I think I might die if we were alone.

We go downstairs and play video games, the four of us: Lilly, my sister, Drake, the friend™, you, and me. I win a lot, but I have more experience in the game than you all did. I still rubbed it in your faces.

I had decided we were going to make cookies, and getting you and Drake to help was my mission. You boys never listen to me. So, we go upstairs to bake, and when I ask you to do something for me, you firmly shake your head. I grab your hand and pull you close to me.

"Do it."

You lean down to my ear. "I'm alpha. You're not my boss."

I smile sweetly. "Listen. I know you like to think you're in charge, but we all know who is." I let my fingers trail across his cheek and down his chest, teasing him.

"Beta." You continue to argue.

I spin around, ignoring you. I know I'm in charge, and I know you do too. I don't really know why you still try.

The dough is done and needs to chill, so we continue playing games. I win repeatedly, and when you guys grow restless of the game, I ask you to change it. You oblige, and I practically purr in amusement.

"Now who's beta?"

You glare at me, grabbing me and pulling me down next to you, practically on your lap, in fact. We stare into each other's eyes for what feels like forever, but I know it was really only a few seconds. Drake breaks the mood by complaining about us leaving him out, so you two boys play more games. My sister goes upstairs, and I lay on the couch in boredom.

When it's time, we cut the cookies. You and Drake act like you've never made cookies before, and treat me like a baking goddess. Flattening the dough comes so easily to me, and you two act like toddlers playing with play-dough for the first time.

I help you two cut most of the cookies, then move on to my littlest sister, Karlie. She laughs watching you boys struggle... and so do I. While watching you focus on getting the shapes ou correctly, I wonder if I'm looking at my future, and I hope I am.

When you get down to the last of your dough, you grab the largest cookie cutter we have- a large bell with a bow on top.

"No, not that one!"

"Yes, this one! I can do it if I want!"

I sigh, and let you cut the cookie. I help you place it on the cookie sheet and get to putting them in the oven. I don't let you boys go back downstairs until I'm finished, which you guys unhappily oblige to. I even have to pull you back at times.

Finally, I get all of the cookies off of the sheets and onto the cooling rack. Each of you sneaks a small tree, and I reprimand you as you run back down the stairs. Oh well, I shrug as I grab one too. The sugar cookie recipe of my mother's has to be the best I've ever had.

After ten minutes of you boys playing games and me chatting with my mom, I call you back up to decorate. Watching you concentrate on that huge bell you made was so funny. But watching you eat it was even better. You ate it down to the bow, and then held it up to your neck, displaying it proudly simultaneously as if a child showing off their artwork and also as if it were a bowtie you'd never worn before.

"How's it look?" You ask.

It looked great, but what was even better was the look my mom gave you. As if you were a son. Family. I hope maybe someday you will be.

When we get back downstairs, I insist on watching a movie. Obviously I choose To All The Boys I've Loved Before. Neither of you boys seems to care, and my sisters cheer.

You wrap your arms around me the second I click play, and I lay my head on your shoulder. While we watch, you and I go through multiple cuddle positions, but sometime during the movie you have your feet resting on another part of the couch, stretched out before me. I have my legs pulled up by my chest.

You reach under my knees and pull my legs straight to rest on top of yours, and I turn my body to lay on your chest. Our faces nearly touching, I feel your breath on my cheeks as I close my eyes and imagine a forever just like this.

~*~