vii

somin and johnny were behind the other 18 people, and they were joking around with each other. all 20 of them were heading to the schools local hangout, which was her mother's cafe.

"wait. stop moving." johnny pushed her up onto the wall lightly, then backed up. he pulled out his phone, then clicked on the camera app. "okay, one, two, three, smile!"

somin was hella confused, but she posed and smiled. johnny took two pictures of her in the same pose, then showed them to her after he looked at them.

 johnny took two pictures of her in the same pose, then showed them to her after he looked at them

"oh my gosh, who's this cutie and have i met her?" johnny teased, as they continued walking.

"shut up weirdo. we're just friends, and don't call me cute." somin rolled her eyes, entering the cafe. "hi mom." she waved to the woman behind the counter, which was her mom, as you could probably tell.

"oh my god, you called me your friend." johnny held his heart, pretending to be happy about it.

"hi mrs. han." yeon greeted, waving to her as well.

"long time no see, mrs. han." doyoung smiled at somin's mom, sitting at the largest booth, big enough to fit all 20 of them.

"doyoung, you never told me you were coming back. how's your family?" mrs. han asked, bringing some water to their table.

"they're good. i wanted to come back here, so i brought my friends with." he explained, pouring water into his cup.

"ah, i see." her mother nodded, sighing. "as much as i would like to know who you kids are, i have to get back to my job. enjoy."

"your mom's nice." johnny whispered to somin, as she nodded. the rest of them were joking around, telling stories about each of their schools, while the two of them making fun of each other.

——————————————————

"all in all, doyoung is one of the MOST annoying people you will ever meet." yeon concluded her statement, earning some claps from his friends.

"pfft, speak for yourself." doyoung scoffed, rolling his eyes. he turned away from yeon, and sipped from the straw in his cup.

"ahem, i never said you could talk mr. kim doyoung." the girl sassed back. those two always argued, but somin managed to keep them friends.

it was getting late, so unintentionally somin's head leant to the side and it stayed on johnny's shoulder. he had a pretty comfortable shoulder, in her opinion. the door opened, and a group of 6 students that looked about the same age as them entered the cafe. three boys and three girls, if somin wasn't mistaken. her eyes scanned over each and every one of them, but one caught her eye. as she looked more at that person, she almost started hyperventilating.

it was him.

lee kangjoon.

lee kangjoon and han somin hadn't had the best past together. they dated for about a year, until things started to get uneasy. what caused them to break up was his fault. he verbally, and sometimes physically, abused her to the point where he would get so mad, he would break something. one time, their fight was really bad, and he ended up throwing a vase at her, and the sharp ends on the pieces cut on various places on her right arm. she still has a lot of the scars there, but they're hardly noticeable.

yeon and doyoung seemed to notice kangjoon enter the cafe, and she narrowed her eyes at him. she had a huge grudge against him for doing something like that to her best friend. "what is he doing here?" she asked through gritted teeth.

doyoung scratched the back of his neck, and nervously answered her. "he goes to my school..?" it was supposed to be a statement, but it came out as a question.

"what?!" yeon almost yelled, but caught herself before it happened. she didn't want to put the spotlight on her.

johnny noticed somin's uneven breathing, so he handed her some water. as she drank it, he looked around the cafe to see the cause of it, and he saw kangjoon staring right at her with that stupid smirk plastered across his face. kangjoon and johnny were enemies. they always have been. why was he looking at somin though?