xv

"just set the strawberries on the island, i'll be in the basement if you need me." somin said, before she went downstairs. johnny took this as a cue to look around her big house. it was literally a mansion, and who wouldn't want to look around a mansion?

just as he was about to go upstairs to explore, a little girl walked downstairs. she paused, frowning at him, before she screamed. "minmin help!" somin came running upstairs, clearly worried. "there's a stranger! kill him!"

"oh my god, sorry about her." she picked up the little girl, and held her in her arms, caressing her hair. "she's my cousin, i forgot to mention she was staying here for a month cause her parents are going overseas to visit mine." somin looked down at the little girl who was looking up at her and let out a small chuckle. "aigoo poor thing.. it's okay minseo. this is my friend, johnny. he's just visiting, okay?"

"onny?"

"no, no, no, johnny."

"onny."

"johnny. with a j."

"onny."

"okay, whatever you want minseo. you can go back upstairs, it's okay." she let the little girl run back upstairs to go play with her dolls, before she looked back at johnny. "why were you going upstairs? i told you i would be downstairs."

"i wanted to explore your house." johnny shrugged, looking around the living room.

"without my permission?" she quirked an eyebrow at him, before laughing at his expression. "i'm kidding. wanna go downstairs?"

"of course i want to! who wouldn't want to go in the basement of this bigass house?"

somin rolled her eyes at his remark before leading him down the spiral stairs to the basement. "this is like my second room, but smaller."

"bitch, the fuck you mean by 'smaller'. your basement is the size of my parents room. your room must be the biggest one."

"my parents room is the biggest one."

"i'm not even gonna ask how big your parents room is."

"good choice. wanna build a pillow fort?"