xxiii

somin stood in front of a full body mirror, her hair curled and in a low ponytail. she wore a beautiful pearl white wedding gown, her veil over her head. she couldn't believe what was happening. it was surreal. she was getting married to the love of her life. it all happened so fast. she graduated medical school and the next thing she was engaged.

"i'm so proud of you, sweetie." her mom said, walking into the dressing room as the rest of her bridesmaids and the flower girl followed behind. "you're growing up right before my eyes.." her mother tried not her best to cry before her little girl even got married, but it was getting hard. "just don't end up like me and my previous husband. divorce isn't an easy thing to go through, but i know johnny is perfect for you. he's like your dad, and your dad is a good person. he may not be here but i'm sure he's about to cry just like i am."

somin hugged her mom tightly, tears welling up in her eyes. she always dreamed of finding the love of her life as a little girl, and she never thought it would happen at the young age of 25. "mom, don't make me cry. i already feel sick and i've puked 5 times today."

"you what?" yeon asked and listened close.

"i puked 5 times already today."

yeon looked at her best friend questioningly. if she puked 5 times this morning.. "oh my god!" she finally realized, her eyes widening comically. "mrs. han, can i talk to you for a second?" the maid of honor asked, looking at her best friends mom.

"of course! what is it yeon?"

"in private.."

"right. let's go in the hall."

somin looked at the two, utterly confused. why did yeon need to talk to her mom in private. she watched as they walked out of the dressing room, whispering stuff to each other. but in the mean time, she walked over and talked to the rest of her bridesmaids as they watched over minseo.

yeon sighed as she closed the door behind them. "mrs. han.."

"is something bothering you? you know you can always talk to me, dear."

"i know. but it's just-" yeon hesitated to continue, because she didn't know how somin's mom would react. "don't you think it's weird how somin puked 5 times already? it's not even 1 o'clock.."

the older woman thought about it. now that yeon pointed it out, it is strange. no sick person would puke that much unless they had a very serious disease or.. "oh my god! i can't believe it!" her mom finally said, the same comically widened eyes that appeared on yeon's face was now on hers. she quickly pulled out her phone and dialed johnny's mother's phone number. "hello? myo-ryun, hi it's me miyoung! you guys are still on your way, correct?"

johnny's mother nodded as she pointed the direction for her husband to turn. "yeah we are! is something wrong?"

"no, not at all! i was just calling to ask if you guys could buy a pregnancy test?"

"why? are yo- OH MY GOSH! HONEY TURN THERE WE NEED TO BUY A TEST FOR SOMIN!"

——————————————————

"dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of johnny and somin in marriage. in the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife. johnny and somin - today you enter as individuals, but you will leave here as husband and wife, blending your lives, expanding your family ties, and embarking upon the grandest adventure of human interaction. the story of your life together is still yours to write. all those present have come to witness and celebrate your love and commitment this day - eager to be a part of the story not yet told." the pastor started off the ceremony once somin walked down the aisle beside her mother because her father wasn't here to do it.